• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clock

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I give up! Anyone know anything about converting a non op clock to quartz? I contacted Rick at Sunbeam Specialties and he's out and apparently his source isn't making them any more.

Wombat

Donation Time
There is an outfit with a website called jaguarclock.com. I stumbled across them with a google search. They claim to be able to add some form of quartz timer to the existing mechanism. Know nothing more about them, but might be worth a look.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
I give up! Anyone know anything about converting a non op clock to quartz? I contacted Rick at Sunbeam Specialties and he's out and apparently his source isn't making them any more.

Hey, what ever happened to A good sundial. :D
Chuck

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think Tiger Tom is still doing them on a batch basis. You would need to check with him. I think he was charging 100 or 150 for the conversion.

P

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Actually I was toying with the idea of getting one to run backwards.

Get it? :D

In the meantime I'll get with Tiger Tom... Thanks again everyone....

lemansvk

Donation Time
I had mine done 4 years ago by Phil Williamson of the Humber Club in South Australia. It always keeps perfect time even though it is stopped and started frequently with battery being isolated when I park the car. I know of another which is in a daily driver Super Snipe that has been running perfectly over 6 years. Phil charged me $A100. PM me if you would like Phil's contact details.

Cheers, Vic

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Vic. I got a PM from another member on one being available.

That's interesting as I cut out my battery every time I park it.