• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clearing 10 years of spares

Limey

Donation Time
Hi All

I've decided not to do the second restoration so am now Ebaying 10 years of spares, Many of them super rare
Keep an eye on my ebay account - everyittlehelps100 - remember the missing 'l' from 'ittle')
These items will be up there over the next few weeks/months.

Below is just a fraction:-

Early series radio and surround
Bonnet flash rechromed
NOS & boxed reverse lights with correct Alpine pedestals
Clayton Dewandre servo rebored and serviced
NOS & Boxed WIP/WIA Zenith Carbs
Battery cages rare
New Tool rolls
New Tool rolls with perfect restored tools
Le Mans Fender badges
Harrington A Fender badges
NOS Tonneau covers
NOS Soft top
Cant Rails
3 Clocks with new Quartz movements
NOS Guages
2 pairs of super rare Microcell 6 seats (Harrington and early alpine)
2 Pairs of seat squabs (Very rare accessories)
NOS Key and lock sets
NOS Trunions and king pins
SS trim and seals
Last one in the world Ashley hard top
ETC ETC ETC

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wish you would list some of them for sale here on our forum.
Could you post a few photos of the Ashley hardtop? Thanks! Eric

Limey

Donation Time
These are all the pics I have at the moment and the lid is in deep store. All other Ashley tops only had a small boot lid. My one is a full 'hatch back' hinged above the rear window

Oliver

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 18.27.21.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 18.27.21.png
    314 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 18.30.12.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 18.30.12.png
    914.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 18.29.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 18.29.16.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 141

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the hardtop photos-that top looks great! Just a shame not more of them are about. Eric

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Limey - hi from another Limey here in the UK. You say you have lock and key sets and I am looking for a door lock barrel and key set (and ignition lock barrel if possible) to complete the restoration of my Series 3 with matching keys for all three as original. At the moment, I have a different key for every lock and the door locks are all well worn and don't work properly anyway. Would you be willing to do a deal please, rather than put them on eBay? Thanks. Steve.

65beam

Donation Time
Limey,
Do you have photos of your finished car? The last photo I remember was when you were getting ready for upholstery.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Oliver,

let me know what you want for Clayton Dewandre and the Microcell seats. PM please...

Limey

Donation Time
Hi 65beam

Here you go ;-) Lake blue is the best. Seacreast Green next than Gunmetal grey

Ain't she purdey?? (check the door shuts ;-)

I wasn't going to do another Alpine but now, maybe I will. Ashley 'full hatch back' hard top in Seacrest green, Hartwell tuned 140bhp for European tours? Maybe...

PS - Check out the size of my garage. Americans are sooo lucky with their monster barn garages :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5272.JPG
    IMG_5272.JPG
    489.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5264.JPG
    IMG_5264.JPG
    528.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5266.JPG
    IMG_5266.JPG
    519.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5268.JPG
    IMG_5268.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5275.JPG
    IMG_5275.JPG
    493.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    514.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Looks great!!!!! Is your interior dark blue? Doug at Tiger Auto spent a lot of hours getting the doors to fit correctly on our current project. The Le Mans has the top unit setting on the original B post which would raise the top above the door. Doug did a lot of work to get the top of the door to be even with the height of the top and still retain good door gaps. I think these photos show that.110_0385.JPG 110_0404.JPG

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Hello Oliver. Your car looks fantastic. I'd like to see it in the "flesh" sometime. Will you go to the National this year? Any news on the locks please? Thanks. Steve

Limey

Donation Time
Hi 65beam,

Looking superb. I know you haven't got the engine in but I dropped my front sprins by 25mm which with geometry dropped the front arch by an inch. I never liked that big gap on the stock ones. That's the only 'mod' I did

I met an old guy who actully worked on the Alpine production line and he said the doors were always a difficult fit so they got 'Fat Bob' and his lump of 4 x 2 to hoik them about until the did fit.

Oliver

Limey

Donation Time
Hello Oliver. Your car looks fantastic. I'd like to see it in the "flesh" sometime. Will you go to the National this year? Any news on the locks please? Thanks. Steve
No worries regards the Keys. Just a bit mad with work at the moment but I'll dig them out and send you the pics

Oliver

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oliver,

why didn't you show us your Lake Blue Harrington Alpine earlier ? It's an absolute beauty and even in one of my favourite early colours. Great job- well done :)

Limey

Donation Time
Oliver,

why didn't you show us your Lake Blue Harrington Alpine earlier ? It's an absolute beauty and even in one of my favourite early colours. Great job- well done :)
Thanks Bernd - It looks quite dark in the photos tho. It's lighter in real life. Jan Igbom has a Lake Blue one as well.Lovely and 60's

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Real 60's with lovely white walls. The front lowering suits it very well. That's what I'll definitely do on my HLM as well...

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Oliver - could you pm me on this site with your email address so we can communicate direct? Many thanks. Steve

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Oliver,
Is that the flash you purchased from me way back when? Your car look great, love, love, love the colour! Still have the Ashley top?