• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

clean out of fuel system

howard

Donation Time
Jan- You mentioned having to jack up the rear wheels and remove them to get at the bolts that hold the forward part of the tanks in position. Is that something exclusive to SV's? I had plenty of room on my SIV without removing (or even jacking up) the wheels.

I, being a coward and one of limited memory used the ol' "one-side-at-a-time" technique to remove the tanks, so I didn't even remove the trunk lid. Just took out one side's spring to allow for the tank to clear. Then put it back on and removed the other side. It's a little more work, but easier for folks like me who forget how things fit back together. Works great when doing the brakes, too.

Don't forget to change out that hidden crossover hose, too.

One last thing: I'm a stickler for trying to stay as 1964 as I can, but I finally gave up using the period clamps and went to O'Reilly's and bought some modern clamps. I don't know how it happened, but there's NO WAY to get the old clamps back into original position! The rubber on the new hoses must be a tad thicker than the original. I don't know if anyone else had this problem- or how they solved it- but my clamp update did the trick for me.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Von,
I'm just going on a fuzzy memory here, and maybe the wheels didn't need removal. I know I jacked the car up, because then I didn't have to bend over as much and I can save my back.