• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clan Sunbeam Reborn !

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Clan Sunbeam will meet at next years Invasion's Scottish games in Columbia.
Details to follow.....

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Guaranteed! And we won't skirt the issue, because real men wear kilts. It will be an uplifting experience.:eek:

Scotty MacChristie

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I'm in next year if

Columbia, Georgia?
Just googled Maps and 10 hour drive on back road from Wauchula, FL. Now to get Vicki the Alpine to Florida and then I can do this, I think I can, I think I can!

Read Scott's sunbeam invasion news and OK it's Columbia, SC well same distance from Florida so Yea good to go

Donna
:)

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Don't toss a caber on poor Vicki.

Remember the age old question "do Scots wear anything under their kilts". Well, the answer is "yes, otherwise the'd need longer kilts".

Nickodell

Donation Time
Then there's:

Tourist to Scots Guardsman outside Buckingham Palace: "Is anything worn under your kilt?"

"On the contrary, ma'am, everything is in first-class condition."

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
What we need to do now is pick our plaid , since most Alpines seem to be red, guess we should have it as the predominate color, throw in some green, black , blue , and yellow, what's left?
Anybody up on "kilt" colors"

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
As a Scotsman myself, I canna but help but point ya ta this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl96vNqNjlg

(Warnin'... tis a wee bit randy!)

Kevin McLemore
Clan Morrison
clan_morrison.jpg

Modern Tartan:
scotland-morrison.gif
Ancient Tartan:
MorrisonRed.jpg

Nickodell

Donation Time
What we need to do now is pick our plaid.

Not singling you out, because virtually all Americans call "plaid" what Scotsmen (and in fact anyone from Gt. Britain or Ireland) calls "tartan." When a Scot says plaid, he is referring to an item of clothing - a cloth slung over the shoulder - or a blanket.

My mother came from Scotland - Nicolson, a sub-clan of the McKinnons of Skye, (who make Drambuie - not that I get a discount) and every time someone on an American TV program referred to plaid instead of tartan she gritted her teeth.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Did I miss something? Do we need to be working on a Darksider Tartan?

For the rest of us, can someone expound on this or is a secret society?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
That´s easy. Dark Siders tartan is black and white checker, like a winner´s flag.:D

Jose

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor

Basically what happened is Tom Johnson and I have dared one another to appear in a kilt at next year's invasion during the Scottish Festival weekend. We are trying to hint around that others should do the same so that Clan Sunbeam would be well represented.

Are you man enough?

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
What we need to do now is pick our plaid , since most Alpines seem to be red, guess we should have it as the predominate color, throw in some green, black , blue , and yellow, what's left?
Anybody up on "kilt" colors"

What about Norman Garrad's tartan? That would appropriate.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Clicked on the link. Didn't like the patterns. Put MacEmmanouilides in the search window and got the message "Are you bloody mad?" :(

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
This was the sign at last years SOS in Columbia. We may have a pattern! I will have my kilt! Who will man-up with me? How far do we "dress" for this?

But then Tom said, who wants a rodent's head between their legs! lol I guess we had one too many when we had that conversation! lol

Last edited: