• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Center Steering Rod Bushings

skywords

Donation Time
After following the recommended installation procedure I have read in this forum and after watching my parts go ring'a ding ding on the floor several times I said to myself " Now Baby I know's theres a better way!"

The bushing being all buttered up with the provided lube wants to go anywhere but in the hole North, South, East, West and few directions inbetween.

The secret to a first time installation is a tube or ring around the bushing and the end of the steering rod so it has only one direction to go "in the hole"
A socket aids the pocess and the bench vise works fine.

napa 1

Donation Time
Brilliant! Only wish you'd come up with that before my struggle with the slippery bushings. I love the way instructions that come with parts always make it look so easy using words like "simply" and "just". It would be alot easier if they leveled with the user and said, "Here's what you have to do... its virtually impossible, but if you keep at it you may eventually succeed" so at least you'd know what you were up against.