• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

CD150 needle/seat tool

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Is there a special tool for the stromberg needle/seat? They don't seem to be 1/2 or 13MM. I've installed these twice now and they were buggered both times.

Thanks,
Jim

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
They are Whitworth, as are all the nuts/bolts on S.U. and Zenith-Stromberg carburettors. It's actually the only place where such fastners were still used well into the 1970's. And yes, there is a special wrench - 5/16" Whitworth, I think? - and I believe Moss sells them.

Whitworth sizes can be found by measuring the length of the flats (not the distance between/across them).

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Kevin,
After much research, I believe you are correct. This is a 5/16BSW hex, .520 across flats. Ended up buying a complete set of Whitworth sockets.

thanks,