• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

cd150 carb gaskets

66Alpine

Donation Time
hey there everyone,

just recently purchased some Grose jets...just cause they seem to make sense to me as opposed to the original ones???
nonetheless, I have them.. If I just wanted to take the top of the carb off just to re familiarize myself with the internal layout ( after 40 yrs.) would I need a new gasket or not.. I really don"t want to purchase an entire rebuild kit if not necessary and that seems that's the only way I can get it from either SS or the other place VB.

Suggestions are always welcome here....

Thanx, Johnny

p.s. the engine seems to run fine, however I purchased the jets for the above reason cause they were on sale!!!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
hey there everyone,

just recently purchased some Grose jets...just cause they seem to make sense to me as opposed to the original ones???
nonetheless, I have them.. If I just wanted to take the top of the carb off just to re familiarize myself with the internal layout ( after 40 yrs.) would I need a new gasket or not.. I really don"t want to purchase an entire rebuild kit if not necessary and that seems that's the only way I can get it from either SS or the other place VB.

Suggestions are always welcome here....

Thanx, Johnny

p.s. the engine seems to run fine, however I purchased the jets for the above reason cause they were on sale!!!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Jose:)

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Grose jets

I think you should save them till ya need them. Or if you need just out of real bad need to TEAR something apart. If I were to take them apart just to put in new jets, they would get a whole new kit.. after all they deserve it and you probably need the exercise..:eek:

My 2.875p
chuck

And thats why it has taken me 6 months to remove and replace a transmision... go figiger

RootesRooter

Donation Time
If you're careful (and lucky) when you remove the float bowls, and the gaskets don't tear or wrinkle, they can be re-used.

If you shop around for replacement bowl gaskets, make sure they're for 150CD and not the later 150CDSE carbs found on the Arrow Range. One corner doesn't line up with the later gaskets.