• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Caution?carburetor eye candy inside??

Duke

Donation Time
Caution…carburetor eye candy inside……

Engine compartment just about finished now, just need some repro wires.

ENFin1_1.JPG

The infamous Paul Burke carburetor. Last carb I will ever need.
ENFin3_1.JPG

ENFin4_1.JPG

ENFin5_1.JPG

It is currently jetted for the 260 but Paul can mod it for a 400+ HP 331 stroker in the future. Kinda want to just keep the air cleaner off of it. I will be at ShelbyFest in Hermann, MO next weekend and will get a new dyno on the car. Will be interesting to see what Paul's head work and carb have done for power. More to follow.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Duke,

That certainly is some very nice eye candy. The red annodising looks great :cool: . Definately a shame to cover it over. Maybe you should make a clear air cleaner ;) .

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
It doesn't need a choke assembly for starting?
Hi,

I don't use a choke either. When I installed the Edelbrock on my Tiger I found it would start and idle fairly well. I am still considering an electric choke though.

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Duke,

I have asked this before, but I don't think you saw the post. Would it be possible to post a picture of your oil filter setup as I noticed you do not run the remote setup any more. I am looking at doing the same setup.

Thank you, Robin.

Duke

Donation Time
Hi Duke,

Would it be possible to post a picture of your oil filter setup as I noticed you do not run the remote setup any more. I am looking at doing the same setup.

Thank you, Robin.

I bought a simple screw on adapter from ebay and now use a small spin-on filter. I am currently out of town but can get you a picture on Thursday.

Check this ebay auction (150338717270) for the adapter. Its $5.
2ec6_2.JPG

Once I am back, I can give you the filter part number.

The filter is very small but I change it when I change the oil.

64beam

Donation Time
I bought a simple screw on adapter from ebay and now use a small spin-on filter. I am currently out of town but can get you a picture on Thursday.

Check this ebay auction (150338717270) for the adapter. Its $5.
2ec6_2.JPG

Once I am back, I can give you the filter part number.

The filter is very small but I change it when I change the oil.

Hi Duke,

Thank you for the reply. I assumed that you were running the Ford motorsport adaptor, but I am interested in seeing your setup (must be close to the chassis rail). I think I vaguely remember the type of filter you are using from a very old forum topic.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
No headers, stock manifolds.

I have yet to see any good info that headers are worth it. They do look good though.

Duke,

On our motors bellow about 3K they are not worth it.. and infact often loose a little torque and HP.. they do help when a bit higher up.. but they give a better sound and look much better.. and for that i'll have them! :D

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Earl,

The other option if you don't go for the after market headers is to machine the stock manifolds and have them gas flowed. Will not be as good as the after market headers, but will give you a little more output. Vmad did that to his Tiger and noticed the difference.

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
I'll as Paul about this. He told me that he built it but the Q-series sure does look axactly like mine. Regardless.....I paid Paul much less than is being asked on that web site.

Thanks for the link.

Hi,

It also looked like there was a kit to transform your existing setup as well. They really match in well with all the chrome bits.

Regards, Robin.