• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Casco lighter

65beam

Donation Time
Thanks for posting the comparison shot Warren,

Yes, this is how you can tell when unscrupulous people put a washer knob on a genric casco chrome colar base and then pass them off on ebay etc.

Some exceptionally dishonest people have done this then listed them as original based deliberately misleading people with the implication its an original sunbeam lighter

I'm sure several of you have had a look at the two original knobs and have seen the difference. The washer knob has a pressed in threaded insert that appears to be made of brass and the insert is a different diameter to the insert with the machined stud for the lighter. I have NOS pieces of both so I'll try to take some photos of the two knobs showing the difference in the inserts. The lighter knob has been available thru a couple of parts suppliers since it was also used on other cars of the era.

65beam

Donation Time
Ya ya ya even a reasonable facsimile on a Jensen Healy ;)
We were at the British show in Myrtle Beach and there was an MG owner selling parts and I found a lighter with a knob that was a Sunbeam piece. Did MG's ever use the same lighter and knob? FYI, The early Jenson Healey did have the fastback transmission as standard equipment so were there other items that were the same as Sunbeam.

Last edited: