• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carolina British Classics V

dmich2

Donation Time
HEY! I see from the mapquest there are a few golf courses nearby. :p Anyone interested in getting in a round say late Friday or early Sunday? I know a set of clubs and luggage can make it a tight trip in a 'beam, but hey....when you love the game, and car, of course you make concessions. Looked at Rawl's Creek and not interested in that one, but LinRick has some good reviews and Oak Hills looks nice. Both around 30 minutes from hotel.

Just a thought.

Dennis

dmich2

Donation Time
OK, so no golfers....that's ok.

Another question. A buddy of mine would like to come but his ride is a 230 SL Mercedes. I know he can't register or compete, but no one would tell him he can't park nearby and mingle....would they. I mean, I've seen other old cars at our events. Just want to make sure. Plus, he's a golfer...:D

Dennis

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dennis, if I can get all my mechanic work done, [ a few days of warm weather ], I will be coming to Columbia and wouldn't mind getting in a round of golf. Would be great to get up a foursome, or more.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Dennis,

Of course he is welcome in the Mercedes. There will be plenty of spectator parking and he is alway welcome to come join us in our Sunbeam events too. I am working on a dinner at a place in Lexington SC called The Cotton Grill for us on Friday night. This is 12 miles from the host motel. Maybe we can do a cook-out on Eric's side of town on Saturday afternoon after the show and then everyone have breakfast together at the host motel on Sunday morning. Let me know about the golf on Sunday and I'll see what I can do for the foursome as far as rates. Indian River is a nice course here along with Oak Hills.

I'll firm up our end with Eric soon and we'll post the events so everyone can plan. We are shooting for 40 Sunbeams if ya'll have not heard!!!!!!!

Cheers,

dmich2

Donation Time
Sounds like a plan Bull. My buddy that will be coming with me plays, so all we need is one more hacker. No sandbaggers need apply....:eek: LOL

Dennis

dmich2

Donation Time
Sounds like a plan Todd. I seem to remember the first time I met Eric a deep fried turkey kettle was in the picture....and I had one showing his ability to stay up wind but can't find it right now...:(

I think I have one solid foursome, but the more the merrier.

Dennis

dmich2

Donation Time
Found it!!!!!!:D

housepixs392.jpg

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Dennis, I remember this outing! Jim E. did a tech session for us and tore down an Alpine motor and talked about the steps etc. Seems like yesterday! I'll work on some golf discounts for you!

Come on guys and gals, let's get registered for this event. We are around 12 Sunbeams so far and I have not heard form a lot of you.

Carolina British Classics V in Columbia SC and SUNBEAMS are the featured marque.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that the Sebring Tribute car from Scott C. will make it's debut at this show.

Cheers,

dmich2

Donation Time
I know what you mean Todd. I knew I was in the right place as soon as I pulled in, Eric cooking and Jim E giving a class on tearing down an engine while throwing back a few cold ones.....ahhhh, it was like heaven. :p

As Homer Simpson says, the two things men need in life....food n' beer. I'm registering today. I think I'd like to play Oak Hill, but will take whatever discounts you get. Just make sure it's not a dog track.

Dennis

dmich2

Donation Time
That would be great. Even 8:30 works, I get up early. I have three golfers so far. I believe it would be a safe bet to make it for a foursome as I'm sure someone will jump in. Do you chase the little white ball Todd?

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a reminder that the show's early registration discount expires on April 21st. Early registration also gets you a free T-shirt! Come join us for what is now the largest gathering of Sunbeams in the South. We will have a weekend of activities for the Sunbeams that are at the show at no extra cost.
Here is the car show and registration info
http://www.bccmc.com/index.php/cbc-iv/
See you there! Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Okay guys and gals we have one week till the show. If you are not registered and still plan on coming and registering the day of the show please let me know. We should have a great crowd of Sunbeams for this show. I was trying to plan a dinner cruise on Lake Murray for our group on Saturday after the show but that date was already taken. So, instead we will have dinner together on Friday and Saturday nights. On Friday night, we will meet at The Cotton Grill in Lexington SC. at 8:00pm for food and drinks. I will post more on this later tonight. We were going to do a cookout on one of the nights and neither Eric or I want to waste time at a grill when we could be hanging out with the SOS gang. So, on Saturday night the tentative plan is for a cookout (someone else catering) at the club house in my neighborhood. I will also get out that address later tonight once I confirm I have the reservation done. Remember, SUNBEAM is the featured marque this year of the show on Saturday and we want to show them how we all stick together and support each other.

The two major Sunbeam clubs are having their shows in the north this year so this is a perfect get-together for us in the south.
Today it is 74 degrees in South Carolina and you cannot ask for anything better than that!

Cheers,
Todd
Oh, don't forget that the following weekend is the show in Greenville SC that we always support too!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
WOW, the difference 20 minutes can make. I just received a call from the Lake Murray cruise line that I was wanting to book for us and they are going to have a cruise for us. The details are:

The car show is Saturday 21st - SUNBEAMS are the featured marque.
The show will run from 8:30A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
We will meet at the marina (details to follow) at 5:30 P.M. for a two hour sunset cruise of Lake Murray. We will have heavy hors D'oeuvres and a cash bar. The cost of the cruise per person is $35.00. The cruise will last two hours from 6:00P.M. till 8:00P.M.

I need to know ASAP from each of you coming to the show if you canmake the cruise or not. We have to have at least 40 people to make it worth their while to take the boat out.

This is a nice double decker boat that will be very comfortable for all of us. They can hold up to 100 on the boat.

Now the plans are Friday night dinner at The Cotton Grill in Lexington and a cruise on Saturday night.

Cheers,
Todd

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great! This will be a perfect way to finish off a Sunbeam day! I just got a call from two guys in Jacksonville Fla. that are bringing up their two Tigers and they are going on the cruise too!

Come-on guys let me know! I have to confirm this cruise tomorrow.

Cheers,
Todd

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hey Todd, Planning on the show, and Friday night, but I will need to come back to Spartanburg after the show. Have to work on Sunday.

Sam