• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carburator Gasket Seal

Alpine James

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi All,

A while back (October?) there was a thread that concerned a special aircraft/auto sealant for use in fuel systems, in this case for improving the seals in carburators. I did purchase a similair product, (I couldn't find the exact one in Canada) and I am wondering where, and especially where not, this product can be used. I have the Zeniths apart replacing the o-rings on the main inlet jets and figure I could seal everthing back up before re-installing.

Thanks, James

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Those O-rings don't need anything, except a little grease so they can slide, and the hole to be polished.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I have heard of the Zeniths leaking fuel, but I would have thought with the new gasket materials available it would not be a problem. Are you having trouble finding gaskets or just sealing issues? The other issue if you seal them up, will you be able to service them easily next time (getting them apart)?

Regards, Robin.

Alpine James

Silver Level Sponsor
I wish I could find the original thread. I believe it concerned air leaks into the carbs, but I would think that if you can keep air out, then you would keep fuel in.
Thanks, James