• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carb mystery

Acollin

Donation Time
I'm sure this is not a mystery for everyone, but I am confused
1966 series V stock set up Stromberg cd150s

I decided to try to make thing operate more as they should when I noticed the carb " piston " not coming down with a distinctive clunk. It was front carb piston came down more slowly than the rear.

I assumed I needed to center the jet. I followed the work shop directions and nothing changed after the rap with a wrench. I decided to take the top off the damper and inspect.

I removed the 4 top screws pull the piston checked my needle was flush and put everything back- I thought --the way it came off. When I tried to lift the piston it appeared stuck. When I see undid the 4 top screws it all slid very nicely. I tightened the top screws and it stuck again.

When I tighten the top screws, my damper piston sticks-- loosen the screws all slides nicely.
What am I not seeing or doing incorrectly when I reassemble the carb that causes a tightening of the top screw to stop the damper from sliding?

Thanks in advance of any attempt to help.
Andrew