• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Caravan to the Great Scot! show at Furman

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hello, Atlanta folks. Has there been any talk about putting together a caravan to Furman?

I'm sure Miss Moneypenny can make it. But at an OD-less top speed of like 62, it might take a little extra time. I see that show cars have to be through the gates by noon. Depending upon the route we take, it might make sense for me to join folks on the way.

And the wife has finally agreed to attend a car show with me. So that's something.

sd_pace

Donation Time
we are going to meet at the Chick-Fila on Pleasant Hill south of hwy 85.... Tom said he wants to arrive between 930 and 10 am:eek:... lets calculate as necessary

Steve

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
OK, looking at the... hold on, I have to go pack and warm up the car... looking at the maps, it works out like this:

• 130 miles from The Dwarf House to Furman
  • At an average speed of 60 (I'd be generous and say I could go 62, but the math works out easier at 60) that's 2:10 (depart 7:20am)
  • Add a stop for gas, stretch and adding a quart of SAE30 to the Tin Can, 20 minutes (depart 7am)
  • It's a 45-minute speed-limit drive from my house to The Dwarf House, adjusted for um... less than the speed limit for most of that leg (Moneypenny's first time on 75, 285 and 85.), 60 minutes (Greg depart before 6am)
  • It takes the wife an hour to get ready and the car 15 minutes to get warmed up (Greg and Amy wake 5am)
  • Breakfast (Greg and Amy wake 4:45am)

OK, let's do this.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Greg, thats planning! I am bring parts and tools down for other people do you need anything? See you at the show and do not forget to wear your kilt!:cool:

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Greg, The Tin Can is resting this weekend so you can save 20 min. on stopping to oil up :)

See you guys Sat AM

Tom j

sd_pace

Donation Time
George I have the axle ready ... we can clamp it to a picnic table... sure will be nice to put this back together

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve, Are you bringing the table? I don't remember ever seeing picnic tables at Furman.

tom j

sd_pace

Donation Time
oooh! :eek: may not.... I need to re evaluate ..... I do have a vice we can use ..

Last edited: