• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Caravan to Invasion X

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
As I mentioned earlier if we take 23 through Tallula gorge it is a beautiful ride with good roads and no longer than 4 hours from atlanta.... also going through Silva and the mountians... start at 9am there by 1pm

sp

9 am is a civilized time for starting an adventure, sounds good to me :)

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Route to The X

I'm not really much of a map guy (got Susan for that she's been tellin' me where to go for 34+ years :eek:)
So lets decide on a route, and go from there , Dwain and Jose can meet at the "Ranch" Allan also, then we can meet up with Steve, and head on up the the party.
Does that sound like a pre-plan plan?? Cause we're planning on making a plan to work out the plan so we can plan on getting there.

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Tom,
I just sent you a PM.
Too bad we won't be able to meet up with you all, just too far out of our way. We'll see you there, have a fun trip.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tom,
I just sent you a PM.
Too bad we won't be able to meet up with you all, just too far out of our way. We'll see you there, have a fun trip.

Got it! Yes it is too bad we'd have a good little convoy if we met up, Have a safe trip also, see ya !
Tom j

dhambrick147

Donation Time
Hey guys I'm driving my Tiger from Pensacola...how can I get around Atlanta on a non-interstate rd? or should I just go under Atlanta towards Athens and then up?

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey guys I'm driving my Tiger from Pensacola...how can I get around Atlanta on a non-interstate rd? or should I just go under Atlanta towards Athens and then up?

Like I said, not much of a map guy, It may be easier to meet up with AlpineBob he's leaving from Warner-Robbins. We'll be taking one of the routes talked about in earlier posts.

Welcome to the Forum and the Invasion.
(What color is your Tiger?)

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
If you can get up to Columbus, GA, get on US 80 east, until it runs into GA 96 east, that will get you into Warner Robins.
When are you planning to leave Pensacola? We are leaving Warner Robins at around 7-8 ish AM on Thursday. If you can get up here to WR on Wednesday, spend the night, there are lots of hotels right close to our house. Then you can join our caravan the rest of the way. You are correct about not going thru Atlanta on any type of road.

dmich2

Donation Time
I'll be hitting I-26 in Columbia around 12:00 Thursday if anyone wants to hook up. I'm come from Wilmington, NC up 74-76, I-95 S to I-20 W

Dennis

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
9 am is a civilized time for starting an adventure, sounds good to me :)

You're right Allan, 9am is a good time to leave the Atlanta area so the way things go we should meet between 8:15-8:45 so we can get on the road by 9

Tom j

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll be hitting I-26 in Columbia around 12:00 Thursday if anyone wants to hook up. I'm come from Wilmington, NC up 74-76, I-95 S to I-20 W

Dennis

I won't be in an Alpine, I'll be in my RV. I will be driving up 95 from Jacksonville and figure I just go part way on Wednesday and finish the trip Thursday. If I hit Columbia around noon I can give you a call. PM your cell # if you like. I'll have your bellhousing. :D

Mike

bluoval

Donation Time
Invasion

Hi all Dont know if Ill be pulling out of Ormond beach Weds or Thurs, I want to make a 1 day run. Mike Keep the cell turned on and Ill give you a ring.. Earl Bluoval

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hey Earl,
From Ormond to Warner Robins is about 6 hrs on I-95 to I-75. A little longer if you pick up FLA 100 to Lake City, then I-75. We will be taking back roads from WR to Hendersonville, another 6 ~ hrs. If you would like to join us from WR we will be leaving about 7-8 AM on Thursday. :)

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Gettin' on the Road

Exactly right, leave Lilburn at 9:00am Thursday. We'll be meeting up with Steve somewhere around Gainsville, we're going to firm that up Wed. Dwain and I are doing the phone tag thing, But I believe they're coming to "The Ranch".
Coffee will be on !
Tom j

bluoval

Donation Time
Thanks for the invite

Alpine Bob Thanks for the invitation. but I think I'll Take I 95 up to I 26 Will be leaving earlt Thurs morning..see you then Thanks again Earl Bluoval

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
For the guys coming up I-26, and want to caravan up the last leg, I know some more scenic routes from Spartanburg to Hendersonville than the interstate. Spartanburg is about one hour 20 minutes on the back roads away from Hendersonville.

pm me or call me at eight 6 four - 431- one 1 four 8 to coordinate. I'm flex on the time out of S'burg.