• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Caravan to Invasion X

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Folks,
What have we got going for the drive up. I'd like to arrive early to help set up etc. and take the senic route home.

Can't understand why talk about The X is so low level, in 20 days we've started.!! :confused:

Tom j

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Folks,
What have we got going for the drive up. I'd like to arrive early to help set up etc. and take the senic route home.

Can't understand why talk about The X is so low level, in 20 days we've started.!! :confused:

Tom j

Tom - as always showing leadership you da man :)

But what's wrong with a scenic route for both directions?

The total trip from Atlanta is only abt 3 or 4 hours...

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm not talkin' interstate on the way up, just not super scenic, you know the quick scenic route.

Tom j

Last edited:

britbeam

Donation Time
Tom Howbout this route. You decide how to get us from your house to Gainesville and then we hookup with Hwy 23/441 through Dillard to Hwy 106 to US 64 through Brevard,NC to Hendersonville. Also I know a option out of Clayton on Warwoman rd to hookup with hwy 28 to hwy 64.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Hi Folks,

Tom j

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Caravan to The X

Dwain, That sounds good to me, To avoid alot of traffic we can shoot up 85 to 985 and right into Gainesville, then get ready to see the sights.
Bob what is your plan ? How 'bout the Schumachers?(sp) They joining in ?
Steve any thoughts ?
Allan whatcha think?

Tom j

Last edited:

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Dwain, That sounds good to me, To avoid alot of traffic we can shoot up 85 to 985 and right into Gainesville, then get ready to see the sights.
Bob what is your plan ? How 'bout the Schumachers?(sp) They joining in ?
Steve any thoughts ?
Allan whatcha think?

Tom j

Sounds like a plan :)

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi All
I am coming from Charlotte and if I know your ETA on I 26 I could hook up for the end of the ride E mail me for and see if we can set up times Sjjsmith@aol.com
Stephen

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi All
I am coming from Charlotte and if I know your ETA on I 26 I could hook up for the end of the ride E mail me for and see if we can set up times Sjjsmith@aol.com
Stephen

Stephen, We'll do that. Although I've found ETA's to be a mere suggestion.
Dwain, Is there a place on the route we can meet up with Stephen ? Have you heard from Bob ?

Tom j

Last edited:

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Tom
my ETA suggestion was just that, I can always plan my departure to be ahead of any Beams of light coming from the south and enjoy a cup of coffee while waiting then if there are enough in the convoy we could make a grand entrance at the hotel.

britbeam

Donation Time
Stephen, We'll do that. Although I've found ETA's to be a mere suggestion.
Dwain, Is there a place on the route we can meet up with Stephen ? Have you heard from Bob ?

Tom j

Im not sure that will work with Stephen coming from Charlotte because were on the westside of NC. It would probably be out of Bobs way to hookup with us unless he just wants to put in additional miles. Trying to make a ETA with a Sunbeam going through the mountains is difficult now going by interstate it might be more workable but I dont think you guys will want to run the RPMs it will take to run the interstate.
Dwain

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Trying to make a ETA with a Sunbeam going through the mountains is difficult now going by interstate it might be more workable but I dont think you guys will want to run the RPMs it will take to run the interstate.
Dwain

Plus we'd like to feel like "Kings of the Road" and look at something besides door panels.

Tom j

Last edited:

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
We will be running up from Warner Robins, GA to Macon, Gray, Eatonton, Madison, and Athans on Route US 129. Out of Athens on US route 29 to Royston, then to I-85 on state route 17, I-85 into South Carolina. Then there's several ways to Hendersonville/Flat Rock once we get into SC. That's my plan. There's a Burger King in Athans we could meet anyone. What a great trip and time we will all be having in 12 days or less. I can hardly wait. :D
PM or email me if you want to meet up some where along the way. Starting time will depend on who what where we meet. We will be leaving on Thursday AM April 29th. :)

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
We will be running up from Warner Robins, GA to Macon, Gray, Eatonton, Madison, and Athans on Route US 129. Out of Athens on US route 29 to Royston, then to I-85 on state route 17, I-85 into South Carolina. Then there's several ways to Hendersonville/Flat Rock once we get into SC. That's my plan. There's a Burger King in Athans we could meet anyone. What a great trip and time we will all be having in 12 days or less. I can hardly wait. :D
PM or email me if you want to meet up some where along the way. Starting time will depend on who what where we meet. We will be leaving on Thursday AM April 29th. :)

Tom Howbout this route. You decide how to get us from your house to Gainesville and then we hookup with Hwy 23/441 through Dillard to Hwy 106 to US 64 through Brevard,NC to Hendersonville. Also I know a option out of Clayton on Warwoman rd to hookup with hwy 28 to hwy 64.
Dwain V6 Krazy

'hmmmmm--I vote for the Britbeam/Green67 proposed route and an absolute minimum freeway driving...

It would be great if the caravan has the maximum # of Sunbeams.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've been through Athens, and now try to avoid it when ever possible.

Ok Guys, we've got two completely different routes to arrive at the same destination.
Who else in the Atlanta area is joining us for the ride up ? Anyone else ?
Steve, Dwain/Jose, Tom ? Just three Alpines ?

Lets get this settled so we can agree on a time. I'd like to arrive at Hendersonville, by 1:00pm to help set up and the like.
Tom j

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I've been through Athens, and now try to avoid it when ever possible.

Ok Guys, we've got two completely different routes to arrive at the same destination.
Who else in the Atlanta area is joining us for the ride up ? Anyone else ?
Steve, Dwain/Jose, Tom ? Just three Alpines ?

Lets get this settled so we can agree on a time. I'd like to arrive at Hendersonville, by 1:00pm to help set up and the like.
Tom j

Tom, count me in.

How long do you estimate the route will take?

I'm flexible but will take a wild guess of 5 hours driving plus any stops for food or fuel and suspect that an ETA of 1:00 is a bit ambitious, perhaps especially for folks joining the caravan from the south-side...

What's involved in "setup?"

I'm sure most everyone would like to help, but at this stage of developments it shouldn't take much time?

Allan

sd_pace

Donation Time
As I mentioned earlier if we take 23 through Tallula gorge it is a beautiful ride with good roads and no longer than 4 hours from atlanta.... also going through Silva and the mountians... start at 9am there by 1pm

sp

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll be headed up I-26 sometime Thursday, so if any of you are going that way, I'll keep an eye out.