• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Car Badges / Chrysler emblem

chris

Donation Time
I saw a Series Five Alpine, I'm not sure of the year, with a Chrysler emblem on the lower right front fender. I went back and looked at my 1967 Series Five and there is a small hole in the same location.

I'm hoping someone can tell me if may car is supposed to have that emblem. I'm guessing when Roots was bought they started putting these on the later cars.

If my car is supposed to have this emblem, does anyone know where I can get one in good condition?

Thanks

Chris

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
Yes, Chrysler decreed that these badges be afixed to all cars following the takeover - much to the disgust of many Rootes employees.

All the ones I've seen here have been on the left side of the car - perhaps they were placed on the passenger side depending on whether the car was for a left or right hand drive market.

When my Imp was resprayed, I removed the badge and filled the hole - none of those pentastars on my cars! :D

65beam

Donation Time
chrysler pentastar

they go on the lower right hand fender.there are some for sale on e bay at this time.all series 5 cars had them.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I have the stick on Penstars which I bought from Chrysler.I used magnetic tape and they are put on the chrome air intakes on the Lister clone.I stop to put them on just before I get to the show location.This I do as I go to Mopar only shows as well.Especially the one at the main Chrysler depot here in Winnipeg.This is due to the fact that Chrysler bought Rootes in 1964.
Every one seems to enjoy me bringing the car out as it is the only Chrysler product with a ford engine.They always ask me to be sure to be there next year.Hey it even gets me a reserved space to park.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Mine was on the right hand side fender. I wonder if Russ' cars are different because of being from other than the US - you know, those non-X cars! :)