• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Can't access Technical Manuals

gwhitf2927

Gold Level Sponsor
On the last three visits to the technical manuals section of technical data I have been told that I don't have access to this area. I made sure I was logged in but the problem still persists. Any suggestions?

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Hi Gary.

Are you denied when initially going to the Manuals page or when you select a manual link inside the page?

Can you access the other pages, like the Alpine Identification Tips, for example?

We'll try to sort it out. In the mean time, do you need a part of the manual urgently, maybe we can email it directly?

-Todd

gwhitf2927

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Sunbby,

When I go to the techical data section everything works but the original tech manuals section. That's when I get the access denied message. Thanks for offering to e-mail me a section if I need it but I'm good for the moment.

Gary

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Are you guys able to access and download other PDFs from this site, like from "FEATURE ARTICLES/ARTICLES ARCHIVE"?

Are you running a script blocker, like "NoScript"?

And finally, which browser are you using? And which PDF viewer?

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Says my account doesn't have access. Could be that it's "donation time." Seems reasonable. Unlike when someone else had the last word on a particular thread and then prevented me from posting any further. :confused:

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I'm not sure that's it. Although it may have been discussed, I don't think donation is an PDF access requirement. (Of course, I may have missed a memo...)

Copied from the "Donate" page:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We are proud to offer a site that is free from banner ads and locked down member areas. Thank you for supporting the SAOCA![/FONT]

Are your "cookies" turned off? It could be that "deep linking" or going directly to sort of 'embedded' content is disallowed...

As I recall, it is not very fast in loading and displaying, though. There may be a "timeout" setting somewhere. If you can actually navigate there, have you tried "right click/save as" and downloading locally, then viewing from that local file? (Of course, if you can't even navigate there, then this suggestion is of no help...)

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Guys,

Some access has been changed and a number of things have been locked. We are working on these problems and hope to have things up and running soon. New members will not be accepted or be able to post until these changes are made. Sorry for the trouble, as soon there is a fix I will post again.

All members should have access to this information and a donation is required. We provide this information to everyone, if you feel the web site and service is of use please find it in your heart to provide a donation in order to keep the site up and running.

Andrew

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
You do not have to donate to get access to the manuals.

I think I found the erroneous setting, can you guys try again.

-Todd

gwhitf2927

Gold Level Sponsor
Todd,

I tried to enter the technical manuals section and got in! I tried both the Alpine IV and Alpine V manuals and had no problem. Thanks for your help.