• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Can we get it fixed?

Jim E

Donation Time
Houston we have a problem..... either there is a server issue or we are using all the band width we bought. No way the site should be this slow and spit up this many errors. Scott who has the keys to the site? can they look at the user info and see if we are at capacity, or call the host and ask what is going on. This is getting painful.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Ian continues to hold the keys, but will hand them over to Andrew Masse as soon as those two get together. It was supposed to happen during Invasion weekend, but who wants to work when you can play?

Andrew, please call Ian ASAP so you can get the secret handshake to fix the website issues. Thanks!

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
So, whatever someone did (if anything) between 10:15 and 10:32 on Monday morning was the right thing to do.

It took over a minute just to get the first viewable page at the beginning of my session (roughly 10 am, on IE). I bailed earlier when accessing it with my Mac after two minutes elapsed.

I tried posting a quick response to someone, and got this message that my reply had the following errors: Okay. So, the error that it had was that it was OK. (Next time I'll try for 'great' and see if that's acceptable!) It did take about 15 seconds to come back with that remark after I hit 'post'. I did not preview.

Reading other posts was slow as molasses. Really cold molasses. But if I bail, I lose my marker dividing new posts from old posts. (I'd really like to be able to search by date/time, since there is now no quick way to scan the forum in 5 minutes.) Uggh.
(Advanced search does not directly provide for "all" or "any" poster, or allow searches for words of 3 letters or less. Hence, you can't just call up a search of all new posts from anyone about anything. And yet, the "new posts" button does just that. Can we (meaning: me) edit the timer for when we were last on the site?)

But at 10:30, everything cleared up, and was quite fast. Did someone actually do something just prior to that? Inquiring minds want to know...

Ken

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
I assume it was a problem with the database. We've had this problem before and all I did was place a call to the hosting service. They fixed it from there. I did the same this time and same result.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
R...e...a...l...l...y S...l...o...w again. Like dial-up. I'm on a t-1 and it took several minutes to get logged in and get to the point to enter this post. All other sites visited seem normal.