• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Camshaft

VT 67 Alpine

Donation Time
I am looking for a place to buy a new camshaft .1967 1725 engine. Is it still possible. I'm not having any luck. Gordon

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Delta cam can re-profile the existing camshaft. There have a grind which produces a little more power.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Delta cam can re-profile the existing camshaft. There have a grind which produces a little more power.

Delta has dozens of Alpine-specific grinds to choose from, though an MG grind known as the "KB" is very popular. On my Series V, the KB eliminated the power 'gap' between 2nd and 3rd.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
RootesRacer,

Can you help me find the address/contact point for the Delta Cams you referred to in the above Post?

You said "the "KB" is very popular". and "On my Series V, the KB eliminated the power 'gap' between 2nd and 3rd".

Just what is the "KB" ?

Thanks for any help,

Derek

Donation Time
Delta Cam

Delta Camshaft
2366 Tacoma Ave, Tacoma WA 98402
253-83-4152
www.deltacam.com

They are fast, reasonable and know our cars, not a small feat
had my rockers ground and my cam checked ( it was a delta but I did not know what grind)

FYI the "K" in the KB, KC etc. is for Kastner as in Kas Kastner. He ran the Triumph racing effort in the US and then went on to run the Nissan IMSA and Le Mans cars. He developed alot of the spec we use on our LBC's this is what I was told by the guy's at Delta when I asked.

Regards Derek

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just what is the "KB" ?

The KB grind is a more aggressive cam grind than the stock cam. Your car would be a little lumpier at idle than before, but the power difference is very noticeable. I am right at the edge of my knowledge here (maybe over it), but any cam profile will be a compromise between smoothness and power. The factor erred on the side of smoothness. The KB takes you to the other side of that line. They have more aggressive profiles, but they tend to be for race cars over street cars. The KB is a good compromise for someone who wants the most out of their engine for every day use.