• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Camshaft ID

bkasl

Donation Time
I believe I have a camshaft from a S5, how can I tell for sure, any identifying marks, what is the correct teeth count on the sprocket? Also, with the Delta Cam website down, what are the different degrees of timing available for a non-race tuned engine? Brent

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Where did you find your camshaft? On a shelf in the back of a thrift store or did you pull it out of your own engine?

I do believe but I could be wrong that the 3 bearing engine had a different # of teeth for the distro drive. That could be one way to distinguish which one you have if in fact there is any difference at all.

As far as a source for grinding I used Iskendarian Cams in Gardena CA 323-770-0930

I got either the SB2 or SB3 grind I can't remember which but I have been very happy with the results.

SB2 spec : Intake 22-62 exh. 62-22 lift .430 dur 264
SB3 spec : Intake 33-73 exh, 73-33 lift .430 dur 286 ( This is the one I think I have)

SB5 spec : Intake 41.79 exh. 79-41 Lift .480 duration 300

I think they have several others in their database but you have to call.

They also have springs item #s 625 and 626 which I am using to good effect
and chrome moly pushrods for $60 item # sb-003

This info is from an older catalog and is not on their website but they still stock these parts and do these grinds.

Good luck

Eric

'62 SerII