• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

cam bearings clocked?

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Either your motor is the later one or Delta turned down the cam bearings to fit the Mustang II block.

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
well , found metal in oil hole after cam taken out.shiny, soft silver dot size of oil hole fell on cam bearing as i took it out.It was above cam bearing. few little pieces in oil hole coming up from bottom of engine too. id like to blow air up from wherever.im thinking put oil pan on filled with oil and spin oil pump.

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
found pieces of silver shiny soft metal that fell onto cam bearing after taking cam out.a small piece of metal was also in bearing hole that goes to the crank.now the driver side hole is clear. pass. side has a slight moon shape covering hole, like 10 percent.any thoughts?

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Roger, All oil holes should have been cleaned out by the machine shop before cam bearings were installed. I'd blow air through all holes and change the oil again, you don't want metal floating around in your oil. After that i would spin the oil pump to see if oil comes up through the block before you put the heads back on. After that make sure you have oil coming up through the heads before you put the valve covers on.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Roger, Check to see what the numbers are down below the distributor just behind the head on the passenger side.

You should see a set of numbers 1 to 12 for the month and the 74-79 or 83-86 for the year of manufacture.