• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

cam bearings clocked?

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
ok , got my v6 2.8 sv alpine together to start and no oil pressure to rocker shafts both sides. ran for 5 mins, lots of assembly lube. head gasket on right.no oil in passages from rocker shaft , head or into block towards cam. all opinions appreciated.Roger

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
guess i have to pull camshaft and see. anyone got an oil circuit diagram for a ford 2.8 v6, are there any oil galley plugs that maybe im missing. guess ill be pulling engine and then camshaft..

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Galley plugs in? The better cam bearings have a slot or groove on the backside incase of mialignment.

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
on the v6 would the galley plugs be covered by my transmission and in front bywater pump? i dont see any in the valley below intake.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Front probably, if rear you would have a mess in the bellhousing and floor. The rear pic is of unknown 60 degree V6. The front is a Buick V6. Shows typical locationsfront buick V6.jpg .rear.jpg

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
ok, thanks jim. i have no oil leaks but thought maybe a galley plug missing could be reason i have no oil flow to rockers on both sides. must be cam bearings not in position. Do you know who makes slotted bearings for the v6? thanks for your help.roger

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Roger, there are 2 sizes of 2.8 cam bearings. Smaller 74-79 Mustang II and first year of Fox Mustang. Larger 83-86 Ranger, Bronco II and Aerostar. I think the newer ones are grooved. You don't have a Mustang II cam in the later block do you? What oil pressure did the gauge show?

Last edited:

Fergusonic

Donation Time
It sounds like you did not prime the engine..... so, with that in mind let me issue (another) crazy thought: Did you install the Oil Pump Shaft?

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
i did prime engine and got 60 psi oil press., no oil to rockers.oil pump shaft installed.I have v6 jose cam in 1974 mustand2 block, compatable?

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
delta cams in seattle got cam, supposed to be '83-'85 bronco 2 cam which they supplied. my invoice says part#765-sp-hp cant find that # anywhere.heads off engine on floor, taking cam out tomorrow .where and what make bearings with that updated oil groove?