• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

British Car Show in Columbia, South Carolina

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey guys and gals, I need your support if you can come to this show. I am the main coordinator for the show and to have my fellow Sunbeams there would be a huge plus. The goal is 20 Sunbeams! Can you do your part to help us meet that goal? Eric Gibeaut and I may try to also do a special event just for the Sunbeams. The all British car show is called "Carolina British Classics" and will be on September 23rd, 2007. The location will be beautiful Finlay park downtown Columbia, South Carolina. This show is developing into a very very nice show. More details will be released at our club's web site at:

http://www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com/

Cheers,

Todd Smith
1963 Alpine Series 3
Lexington, SC

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
SOS in conjunction with the Car Show

Eric Gibeaut, Jim Ellis and myself will be coordinating a SOS to go along with this car show. Details to follow. Please mark your calendars for this event. Anything less than 20 Sunbeams here that weekend will be dissapointing.

Cheers,

Todd

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
O K What is SOS ??:confused: This sounds like a fun time, I suppose there are Hotels around the area ?

Surely I'll have my Series V on the road by then...

Tom J

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sos!!

SOS=Sunbeams of the South, Save our Sunbeams, Sunbeam Owners of the South, whatever. A few of us Southern Sunbeam owners have organized gatherings at various sites in the SE over the last 8 years or so. All Sunbeam owners are invited. SAOCA members, TE/AE members, CAT members, SCAT members, or non-members, anyone with an interest in any Rootes car is most welcome! Stay tuned for hotel and meet info. We plan several scenic drives combined with good eating, car talk, a V-6 tech session or two by the famous Jim E. and of course all of us attending the Carolina British Classics show where we will greatly outnumber the MG's in attendance! So keep September 21-23 marked on your calendar. Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
British Car Show taking shape!

Hello everyone,
The all British car show in Columbia, South Carolina on September 23rd is taking shape and will be a very nice show. Thanks to Scott and the group voting to have the Invasion earlier there is no reason thatc this should not be a major Sunbeam event. The registration form and motel information is now on our local clubs web site and is ready to be used by all Sunbeam owners. I already have commitments from 7 Sunbeams that are coming and the information is just coming out. Eric Gibeaut and Jim Ellis are coordinating an S.O.S for that weekend too. In 2008 this show will feature the MG marque and then in 2009 the featured marque will be the marque that has the best showing in 2007. No reason that it cannot be the Sunbeam marque. Go ahead and get your motel rooms early. All cars that pre-register at full price ($20.00) will get a commemoritive 6-pack cooler and a free t-shirt along with a lot of other goodies! With a Sunbeam owner coordinating this show, we will be expected to have a great showing. With Eric and Jim planning something special for all of us, a great time will be had by all!! If you have any questions please call me at (803)397-5556. The web site to get the show information is:

www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com

Cheers,

Todd

65beam

Donation Time
sos

eric,
it too bad that's so close to the BEAM MEET in DAYTONA or we would come.with only a week between them it would mean being home about four days before heading south to florida.
bob

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Carolina British Classics and the S.O.S

A friendly reminder!

British Car Show taking shape!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,
The all British car show in Columbia, South Carolina on September 23rd is taking shape and will be a very nice show. Thanks to Scott and the group voting to have the Invasion earlier there is no reason thatc this should not be a major Sunbeam event. The registration form and motel information is now on our local clubs web site and is ready to be used by all Sunbeam owners. I already have commitments from 7 Sunbeams that are coming and the information is just coming out. Eric Gibeaut and Jim Ellis are coordinating an S.O.S for that weekend too. In 2008 this show will feature the MG marque and then in 2009 the featured marque will be the marque that has the best showing in 2007. No reason that it cannot be the Sunbeam marque. Go ahead and get your motel rooms early. All cars that pre-register at full price ($20.00) will get a commemoritive 6-pack cooler and a free t-shirt along with a lot of other goodies! With a Sunbeam owner coordinating this show, we will be expected to have a great showing. With Eric and Jim planning something special for all of us, a great time will be had by all!! If you have any questions please call me at (803)397-5556. The web site to get the show information is:

www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com

Cheers,

Todd

britbeam

Donation Time
Ok Im suffering from ole timers disease but after going to the web site I dont see where to go for the Brit Car Show on the site. Some help please.
Thanks
Dwain V6 Krazy

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Something's goofy with the web site, That's not the one I've visited a few times.

Tom j

See you there !

Even with more setbacks,I'm sure our Series V will be ready by then, see there's still 4 months............

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey guys,

I am having problems with the web site and it should be up later today. If you need show information and a registration form please email me with your address and I will get one out to you asap. My email address is

alpine1963@aol.com

Thanks for checkingout the site and I'm sure I will be back up and running shortly. Thank you Bob for taking the time to call me this morning to inform me that it was down.

Cheers,

Todd

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, the web site

is back up and ready for you to go to the site of:

http://www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com/

to pre-register for the Carolina British Classics car show and the S.O.S. Sunbeam event on the weekend of September 21st-23rd, 2007.

If you are going to come in on Friday and need rooms for Friday night, please make sure they give you the discounted rate that has been negotiated for the Saturday night prior to the show. The host motel is on this web site and a link to them to reserve your rooms.

I have commitments from 10 alpines and a Tiger at this stage and we still have three months till the show!

I look forward to showing the "udder" marques how to get a good group together and have fun!

Any questions, please feel free to give me a call at:
(803)397-5556

Cheers,

Todd

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Todd, What's going on Friday / Saturday? Isn't the show on Sunday the 23rd?
I've yet to make our reservations , but have registered and received the info pack that tells all about Columbia, SC. Let me know if we need to book for Friday for "extra" fun and games......

Tom J

I just know the Series V will be ready by then.................

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Tom,

Thanks for being the first one from outside of the state to pre-register! There is nothing planned for Friday at this stage. It would be good to come to town on Friday afternoon and spend the night so you will be here when the S.O.S kicks off on Saturday. Eric Gibeaut and Jim Ellis are working out the details on this. Maybe we can get lucky and get a tech session from Jim. I know Eric wants to do a Sunbeam drive through the SC country.

I will continue to post details on the web site as the S.O.S developes.

I'm glad you recieved you booklet on Columbia and hope you can take in some of the sites here.

Cheers,

Todd

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Todd, What's up with Jim E? He seems to be M I A , I've not noticed any posts from him.

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
He must be busy. I have seen him some at our local club's meetings. He must be saving up all his good stuff for our S.O.S! lol

JIM WHERE ARE YOU??