• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

British Car Day at Carolina Motorsports Park

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I thought I should mention this one. On this Saturday, 11/13/10, there will be a gathering of British cars at the CMP, near Kershaw SC. Arrive time around 10:00 am. We will get to drive on the 2.3 mile racetrack starting around 12:00, taking spirited laps. Last year we drove above a total of 20 laps during two sessions.

Some passing is allowed via wave by on the straights, but no side by side racing. The cars are led by an experienced SCCA driver to control speeds.

Anyone within a couple of hours of Kershaw should should try to attend. It was great fun last year.

A link to the track's website

Edit: Since these are Not racing laps, helmets and roll bars/cages are not required

heres a Youtube of last years run shot from a Bugeye Sprite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYrtZDovW5Q

http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/index.html

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes it was. That was a very quick Bugeye! We had a great time last year and I will be there this year too. Eric

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes, that was EG. I was in the Blue Midget he passed about a minute later.

His Sprite has a high performing engine and driver:)

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Eric, our biggest mistake was letting the Morris woody and that primered bugeye get in front of us on the grid. We mighta been able to keep up with the pack if we started in front of them.:)

By the way, Hap told me the hot bugeye is for sale,
If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em