• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

break line suppliers

miket

Donation Time
Just thinking about what's left to do to get my car on the road this summer, and I remembered that one break line is broken at the junction.

Is there anyone that sells a complete set?

Armand4

Donation Time
You might want to try Classic Tube, http://www.classictube.com/ which does new lines for all sorts of classic cars. You could also find a fabrication shop in your area that will bend custom lines for you-- I don't know about the price difference, but it might be easier from a logistical standpoint. Of course, you could go all-out and buy a tubing bender, a flare maker and a bunch of tubing, and do it all by yourself-- Eastwood and other vendors will have everything you need for that.

finally

Donation Time
You know, you could buy straight line with fittings that work at your local autozone or Napa or... then buy the $12 bender and do it yourself. Not too hard even for a newbie like me!

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I think SS may be out of many of the proper length lines. However, Consumer Auto Parts (CAP) sells lines that have the proper flair/threads. (Not sure if they are in the Atlanta.)

It was fairly short money (25.00~) to replace all the lines with the exception of the long one running front to rear. Which I had a friends shop make. You will have to make flairs at the female connections, reusing your female connector, at the front flex lines but I don't think it is a bubble flair so you can use a less expensive flairing tool. Just cut off the bubble flair and then swap for the female connector then flair. Pretty straight forward - just buy the lines the proper length.

You can also buy many of the fittings and lines from Fedral Hill
http://store.fedhillusa.com/

Always thought their tech help page was useful....
http://www.fedhillusa.com/?page=tech2#6

Steve

miket

Donation Time
Thank's for your advise everyone. Sorry for the typo Nick, too many hours at the PC.

I have a bender, and managed to do quite a good job with it on my MGA.

The idea changing the flare on a stock length tube is a good one. I'll get a decent flaring tool and try that approach.

Mike

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
At the risk of stirring up a very old argument hashed out on a previous version of this forum, Paul Scofield and I, when restoring our Series 3's, purchased an all-inclusive kit from Automec in the UK. The pipes are already cut to the proper lengths and have the correct fittings installed - you just have to bend them to suit your needs.

These are made out of a copper / nickel alloy called Kunifer and to date have caused no problems for me.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Stirring up an argument? I thought it was settled that the alloy mentioned is THE way to go if you are willing to let go of the money and endure the hassle of buying from across the pond. That stuff will probably see us all to our graves and still be in like new condition.

Bill

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Well if you'll recall the argument some people were freaking out because they were under the impression these lines were all copper, which would be dangerous.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Right, but the stuff actually is closely related to the composition of metal in the American nickel, which is incredibly durable.

Bill

Nickodell

Donation Time
Thank's for your advise everyone. Sorry for the typo Nick, too many hours at the PC.
Mike

Mike: never apologize for a typo. We all do them and they can add a little unintentional humor to the day. Glad you took it in the way it was intended, in contrast to one whom I will not mention, who peppers his posts with multiple typos (apparently he doesn't read them before posting, or even after) and gets hysterical and starts hurling abuse if you mention one of the more humorous.

The only time I ever had to apologize for one was when I wrote to a girl called Shirley (this is back in the days of electic typewriters, decades before PCs, Word for Windows or Spellcheck) and instead of the "r" in her name I hit the next letter - "t." She was not amused.

Even Spellcheck can be a snare. Some years ago I was sending a business letter to a gentleman whose first name was Otis. Spellcheck decided that this was probably not what I wanted, and suggested "otiose." Unfortunately, in my hurry to get the letter off to this important customer, I OK's all the spelling corrections. So I ended up writing to Mr. Otiose Brown (otiose: adj: Idle, Sterile, Futile, Functionless.

That's how to make an unforgettable impression.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Brake Line

My local Car Quest store stocks Britsh bubble flare brake lines in 4 different lenghts. I think if you check around a little, you find that its not that hard to find - there are a lot of LBCs out there!

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

brake Lines

I bought a complete set of Stainless Steel brake lines, and the clutch line from www.classictube.com It was sort of pricey, but everything was pre-bent and went on perfectly. they seem to have all alpine and Tiger lines, plus a lot of other Stainless items of intrest.
Lee