• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brass monkey (correct color)?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Are those the B post mounting brackets? There is some gray paint on my series 5 B post brackets. I believe I have original paint on my soft top frame, as it was removed prior to restoration and has sat in storage ever since.

Right side (I think):
1704071654320.png

Left side:
1704071710356.png

Mike

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
B-post bracket blocks for Series 3-V and all Tiger were entirely brass, tho the pivoting arm and pin were mild steel and susceptible to rust. The ones seen in the pics are for ST-models with the convertible top, whereas the blocks for GT bodies (also brass) were smaller and didn't have the pivoting arm to attach a soft top frame.

The pins that secure the arms to the brass blocks are often worn, deeply pitted and/or rotted due to the drain channels becoming clogged, resulting in the pins sitting in a pool of water. However, fellow member Dan Richardson (DanR) had his machinist reproduce the pins in stainless. I've used them, they're a perfect fit and I highly recommend them. I don't know if he still has them, but:

It's worth mentioning that all the brackets in the above pics would work in S3-SV and Tiger, but the one in Mike's bottom pic is a tad unique. Note the block has a single threaded hole on the side that's essential on S3/SIV/MKI to attach the swivel ball for the metal top covers. Since SV had fabric covers, not metal, the holes weren't necessary ..... but the early cars gotta have 'em.

Mark ..... volvoguys

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the "Pitch" on my ODD Lil Bolt Volvo Guys.

Yes I still have some and when they are gone I will make another batch because they are one of the necessary piecies of the Sunbeam Alpine & Tiger puzzle. Sure makes raising and lowering the soft top easy!

$30 a pair shipped to your location anywhere in the lower 48 States. If interested send me an E-mail or private message PM.

Happy New Year to all of you Sunbeam Guys & Gals,

DanR

Attachments

• Soft top bolt PXL_20230124_224858201.PORTRAIT.jpg
    Soft top bolt PXL_20230124_224858201.PORTRAIT.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 20

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Thanks for the "Pitch" on my ODD Lil Bolt Volvo Guys.

Yes I still have some and when they are gone I will make another batch because they are one of the necessary piecies of the Sunbeam Alpine & Tiger puzzle. Sure makes raising and lowering the soft top easy!

$30 a pair shipped to your location anywhere in the lower 48 States. If interested send me an E-mail or private message PM.

Happy New Year to all of you Sunbeam Guys & Gals,

DanR
Thank you, all, for the great inputs and confirmation of color…or colorless. Much appreciated.

And Dan, I already own a set of your stainless steel bolts. Hoping I can get the old bolts out effortlessly and get yours installed.

Regards,
Bryan

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hoping I can get the old bolts out effortlessly
I use a pair of "good" vise grips and wiggly the bolt back and forth a lot until it is free before I attempt to remove it completely. Keep the bolts soaked with oil all the time you are working at removal.