• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake pipes

S

Steve Kirk

I was installing a brake pipe set on my series 5 today from Automec in England. The pipe that goes from the front to the back seemed to be several inches too short. I am sure it was routed correctly. Has anyone else had this problem?

mikephillips

Donation Time
The 2 sets I used for the Tiger and the Alpine fit fine. They were sets manufactured 10 years or so ago though so it's possible current ones have a problem. Or perhaps the label on the pipe was incorrect?? You might email them and explain the problem and ask how long it's supposed to be. Won't cost you anything and you could verify if it's right.

S

Steve Kirk

I measured the one from the car and sent Automec the length. The one they sent was 5 inches shorter. They are sending me a replacement.

I cannot see why the length would be different for a LHD car as the pipe starts in the same place at the 5 way union on the inner fender and terminates on the rear axle in the same place.