• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake Drums.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
This may or may not be the right place for this. I have this set of brake drums that are different from all of the other Alpine ones I have seen. Anyone know what they are? It looks like they would fit, but the large rectangular bumps on the outside are not on any of the others.

Thanks.

Mike

Attachments

• 20180612_192351_resized.jpg
    20180612_192351_resized.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 78

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Those are for early wire wheel cars. Don't use them with other wheels-sometimes there is interference unless you grind off the 4 raised parts.

pruyter

Donation Time
Regarding the brake drums I wonder where the information can be found that the drums with the raised parts should be especially for wire wheels. The Rootes parts list mentions that the brake drums with the raised parts are for Alpines series I and II while the brake drums without this raised parts are for Alpines series 3, IV and V. So nowhere in the parts list can be found a difference in brake drums for either wire wheels or standard wheels.

Regards,

Peter

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey everyone, the CAT club is having rear drums manufactured!!! they are waiting for the second estimate, and I do not have a price yet
And only high quality will be accepted, will post when I find out