• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brake calipers?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
They're totally different in design. The seals, pistons and castings are completely different.
Probably the bolt patterns too. I don't have any experience with Hillman ( didn't know they have
Lockheeds) just MGB & MIdgets.

Cheers!
Steve

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
They're totally different in design. The seals, pistons and castings are completely different.
Probably the bolt patterns too. I don't have any experience with Hillman ( didn't know they have
Lockheeds) just MGB & MIdgets.

Cheers!
Steve

I was just thinking about bolt pattern. I have new Hillman (audax) Lookheed ones

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Probably the bolt patterns too. I don't have any experience with Hillman ( didn't know they have Lockheeds) just MGB & MIdgets. Cheers! Steve

Steve,

I think all Hillmans used Lockheed brake systems, the Hunter range as well.

I was just thinking about bolt pattern. I have new Hillman (audax) Lookheed ones

Kristian,

The Hillman Minx (Audax) Lockheed calipers are designed to use 10.3 or 10.8 inch diameter rotors -depending on model. That is larger than any Alpine rotor diameter (early 9.5 and later 9.85 inch). I'm fairly sure the mounting pattern is the same as the later Alpine calipers or people wouldn't be searching for the different late Minx spindles to use in Alpines and Tigers. That seems to infer the different rotor diameters are adjusted for by caliper design.

I hope this information and speculation helps.