• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Boot/Trunk Tools Layout

ALC 68A

Donation Time
My S3 is coming to the end of a full restoration and I want to get the layout if the boot/trunk tools correct. Unfortunately, the previous owner removed all the clips and panelled over the rear wall of the boot area.

I know the jack and starting handle are fixed in clips horizontally across the wall behind the spare wheel, but I don't know exactly where the clips should be located. I also know that, at least on steel wheel cars, there is a wheel brace/lug nut wrench on clips to the left of the spare wheel and, on wire wheel cars, a hammer for the spinners on the left of the wheel. Do wire wheel cars still have the lug but wrench fitted, e.g. to crank the jack, or do you use the socket on the end of the starting handle? I also think there should be a strap fixed to the top left of the wall to hold a tool roll, as my old Alpine had one there.

Please could someone post a picture of an original wire wheel car with all the tools in place but with the spare wheel out, so I could see where everything is supposed to go?

Does anyone know where I can get a tool roll? There were advertised on UK eBay, but have all been sold.

Many thanks

Steve G

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
There was "project" several years ago where a group buy was made and some one on the Forum was generous enough with his time to get a bunch made from an original.

I invested in the project and was pleased with the outcome.

Suggest you do a search and see what you find !!!!

In the mean time I will also.

buckalpine3

Donation Time
My S3 is coming to the end of a full restoration and I want to get the layout if the boot/trunk tools correct. Unfortunately, the previous owner removed all the clips and panelled over the rear wall of the boot area.

I know the jack and starting handle are fixed in clips horizontally across the wall behind the spare wheel, but I don't know exactly where the clips should be located. I also know that, at least on steel wheel cars, there is a wheel brace/lug nut wrench on clips to the left of the spare wheel and, on wire wheel cars, a hammer for the spinners on the left of the wheel. Do wire wheel cars still have the lug but wrench fitted, e.g. to crank the jack, or do you use the socket on the end of the starting handle? I also think there should be a strap fixed to the top left of the wall to hold a tool roll, as my old Alpine had one there.

Please could someone post a picture of an original wire wheel car with all the tools in place but with the spare wheel out, so I could see where everything is supposed to go?

Does anyone know where I can get a tool roll? There were advertised on UK eBay, but have all been sold.

Many thanks

Steve G
Steve check out my post in the For Sale section dated September 2018. I still have an original tool pouch (and tools) for sale. Dave

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

I was on the UK side of the repro tool rolls. We used my original as a pattern. I still have one or two left on ebay UK or PM me your details and I'll send a picture