• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Book of Norman

TerryB

Donation Time
Guys I have a very nice Book of Norman that I am going to put up on Ebay. Does anyone know what I should put as the reserve? I have seen them go for 800.00 and 1400.00. Mine is VERY VERY nice signed one with cover. Unless someone here wants to make an offer, you guys come first. But....what to ask for it?

G

Greg Hilyer

A copy brought $709.00 yesterday on e-bay. No dust cover. No autograph. I'll trade you a car for it!
Lunker

Duke

Donation Time
Why can't Norman come out with another book or a reprint? $700 for this book is just stupid. I had one in the mid 90's and sold it...damn.

Tullamore

Donation Time
Why can't Norman come out with another book or a reprint? $700 for this book is just stupid.

No kidding! :mad:

Maybe he has boxes of them in his basement and sells them one by one now for a huge profit.

I wish someone would scan the whole thing and send it to everyone. ;) I just want to read the thing but I am afraid I never will get a chance.

agmason

Donation Time
Norm can't have a reprint because the publisher went out of business and all the printing plates and every thing else was destroyed. A friend of mine was willing to duplicate the book on cd and sell with Norm getting most of the profits but Norm turned him down.

alpine_64

Donation Time
No kidding! :mad:

Maybe he has boxes of them in his basement and sells them one by one now for a huge profit.

I wish someone would scan the whole thing and send it to everyone. ;) I just want to read the thing but I am afraid I never will get a chance.

We have a copy in ou sunbeam clubs library, buit because of the value you can no longer borrow it and take it home. I have viwed the copy at the librarys location, an interesting book for sure.. it is a pitty the informatino is not more readily available.

agmason

Donation Time
For what ever reason, Norm turned down the idea of putting the book on CD and selling the CD. In my view, the best option for republishing his book. I think he may have been protecting the value of the original book or it could be a case of you had your chance and you missed it.

Duke

Donation Time
I think he may have been protecting the value of the original book or it could be a case of you had your chance and you missed it.

So much for getting all of that great information out to those who would like to have it.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
So much for getting all of that great information out to those who would like to have it.

You're joking, right?

When originally published, SS, the sole distributor, had TBON for sale at $58. For years it sold fairly slowly til finally they ran out. Soon as that happened, the price shot up as everyone suddenly wanted one.

What exactly does Norm Miller owe us? Sometimes, ya snooze, ya lose.

mikephillips

Donation Time
When I got mine a few years ago Rick only had 3 left. If I'd known what they were going to bring later on I'd have bought all three.

Tullamore

Donation Time
or it could be a case of you had your chance and you missed it.

If that were the case he is an ass, I wasn't even old enough to have a drivers license when the book came out. All other future Tiger owners of my age or younger will also never have had their chance to see the book.

I guess he feels the information in the book isn't that important to Tiger owners...

Duke

Donation Time
What exactly does Norm Miller owe us?

Norman does not "us" anything. He is a great guy and has always been a help when asked. It is just a shame that so few can get this fantastic resource for the Tiger.

What about this - Norman has no interest in publishing the book again. The publisher is no longer in business. Why can't the book be scanned and sold as a CD? I will gladly pay $100 for the CD. Anyone else? You could buy the book, make 10 CDs and easily recoup your money from buying the silly high priced book.

66Tiger

Donation Time
Why can't the book be scanned and sold as a CD? I will gladly pay $100 for the CD. Anyone else? You could buy the book, make 10 CDs and easily recoup your money from buying the silly high priced book.

B-I-N-G-O...recoup book cost or to help finance a Sunbeam's revival...

I don't recall the exact discusision since it's been a while, but basically Norm's reasons went along the lines of he is working a new edition (not sure of his pace...LOL), some new things have come to light about these cars, and the data on people's vehicles at the end are out of date. He said he would never allow a reprint...but didn't exactly come out and say why directly...and had no interest in a cut while doing no work other than receiving payments.

It is a real shame that it can't be reprinted, at the time the book came I out I would have bought a copy had I known about it.

I have some old CDs that I think are blank...wink, wink...

LOL
66tiger

havealucky

Donation Time
B of N

Careful, Norm has copyright on his book. I'm no legal expert but I would be choked and seek legal recourse if someone put a book I wrote on a CD and flogged it. No doubt Norm has similar proprietary feelings and enjoys having created the mystique that surrounds his book, as he should.

Maybe somebody else should sit down and write a definitive and up to date followup to B of N. It would probably sell at least a few hundred copies and therein lies the problem...

Might light a fire under Norm to get cracking on Volume Two if nothing else.

Tim