• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bonus tech session

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'll be towing a lovely Series V whose engine hasn't quite caught yet after getting put back together this afternoon (with special thanks to the machinist who has had the head since January). I'll gladly buy a beer for the guy or guys (or gals or anything else) who get it started.

It's turning and seems like it wants to start, but simply hasn't yet. Timing, tuning, and voodoo chants may be necessary.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
And the Alpine is now a runner! A combination of several things that were wrong but the talented Sunbeam parking lot repair crew had the Alpine running fine in a short amount of time. Another success story is the couple from Canada-they limped into the hotel with no clutch after a 900 mile drive from the frozen wastelands of the North and Beacon Sam the man helped track down a new clutch hose with bubble flares to fix that problem. The sun came out and a perfect show day is on tap for Saturday! Eric

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I wanted to offer a special thanks and share a photo of everybody diving in and helping me get my car started. As the photo might indicate, at one point we had about 20 people under my hood. We probably would've had more people in there if we'd had more wrenches to go around (and/or a larger under-hood area).

Since the Invasion, I retorqued the head, cold lashed, hot lashed, Colortuned, and learned that every time I take the car out, it ends up being a little car show.

Sadly, a crumbling oil cooler hose has rendered it temporarily immobile. And a new, not-spinning-in-a-figure-8 (or so I hope to find out when the hoses arrive) distributor will commit me to a visit to the Autozone to pick up a timing light before it'll be mobile again. It should be back on the road in time for some glorious motoring weather this weekend.

So, thanks to those who helped, those who supervised, and those who would've helped if we had more to do.

Attachments

• Fixin.jpg
    Fixin.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 44

dmich2

Donation Time
Greg. Glad you got your Sunbeam running.

That scene has been recorded at every Invasion, meet, gathering, etc I've attended.

Dennis