• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Body Panel Fit

bkasl

Donation Time
Completing a body restoration on my sons S5 and sought views of original brochures of the sales literature from Rootes and noticed none of the colorized pictures I have from Series 2 and 5 show the front and back seams on the rocker panels.
I have always thought they appeared better from a side view when blended in, but many think it adds plastic filler which would not normally have to be added.
Is this strictly a personal taste in appearance? Many of the correct restorations I have seen have the break on the rocker seams distinct, yet I am sure their is no advantage except for future body work removal. Any observations welcomed, Brent