• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Body fasteners

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Since I now have my Alpine painted, I'm in the process of putting the body parts and trim back on. A bag of bags of fasteners and odds and ends got real wet during her long sleep so much is rusted. Some of the bags had labels on them, that have mostly worn off and then there are the obvious bits. I'm gonna take this stuff up to the hardware store and try to match up, what I can. I'd like some help in sorting out what I do have and what I'm gonna need.
Right now, I'm interested in some of the easy stuff. I seem to have 2 large bolts and rubber/metal bushings, labeled rear bumper bolts. Will this be all I need to mount the rear bumper? Are no nuts, or washers needed? Are the rubber/metal bushings available? Mine are in pretty bad shape. I have a bag that appears to be labeled trunk hinge, w/rusted nuts, washers and bolts, so I can match those up, but I dont have anything that looks like hood hinge fasteners and bolts for the trunk lid hold-up mechanism (the trunk is disconnected from this arm where the arm connects to the trunk lid) nor do I have anything for the front bumper fasteners.
Any help, in figuring this stuff out, would be appriciated.
Thanks, Ron

Oh and Happy Fathers Day, to those of that persuasion.;):)