• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Board meeting in August

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Members

I just advised your Board that we will be holding a conference call meeting in August. I'm putting together an agenda and invite members to offer subjects to add. Some of the already scheduled points;

The invasion-There's interest in promoting regionals and then alternate years, every three(?) holding a national. Regional meets would attempt to divide the country into sections based on membership density where you could drive 250-300 miles to an area a day from home. The hope is thru local events would generate longer drives to a national.

Website-Face it. We need to make it easier to post articles, pictures, as well as automate our cumbersome membership sign up and renewal process.

Membership and levels-Greg posted a well thought out idea a month ago and although there wasn't much feed back what we got was positive. I've asked the Board members to carefully review the Bylaws to insure the changes we make are done properly. Other clubs have done this, and, done correctly, we should too.

Todd was kind enough to start a Facebook page and there has been plenty of likes. I'd like to invite Facebook members to SAOCA. I would ask those of us that have been SAOCA members to welcome these enthusiasts to our corner of the Internet.

Speaking of Todd, he may have stepped out of the Board but had continued to work behind the scenes. Thanks Todd.

Just a few points. Your turn. I've said this before. It's your club. Post your suggestions here.

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks Nick. All good stuff.

I'm sure this would come out during the web site review, but it would be nice to have a sort of "catalog" of YouTube tech videos pertaining to making Sunbeam repairs/alterations on our site. I've found these videos very helpful at eliminating all the trail and error and busted knuckles. It may also stir an interest by our members to produce such videos.

Keeping all the current tech info and expanding it is one great function on the web site.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Dennis

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Great idea Dennis! So to clarify, a page of links and a discription of each?

dmich2

Donation Time
Yes. Something like removing the adjustable steering column, cleaning the sending unit, and my favorite.....installing the windup glass in the door. :eek:

The biggest drawback of this suggestion, is getting someone, members, anyone to actually take the time to produce the videos.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Due to a few things on my side I had to postpone the meeting.

I will be rescheduling for October with confirmations from the Board members. I'm in the process of buying a house and moving.