1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Bluecol Label

Discussion in 'Factory Original Alpines & Tigers' started by puff4, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:37 PM.

1. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

So.... I came across a photo of a factory Rootes Bluecol instructions label in my storeroom of odd things, and whilst mindlessly sitting in front of the TV I decided to tinker around in Photoshop to clean it up to see how it looked. It was fairly damaged, but I think it came out reasonably well. (Yes, I know the type is not perfectly straight... it was like that, believe it or not!)

I post it here in case anyone would like a copy for their own Rootes car. Download, re-size and print as needed.

My only request is that no one is to print and sell these, please (as has happened before with other labels I’ve restored - sigh).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 8:50 AM
  2. mikephillips

mikephillips Donation Time

In all my years I've never run across this, where was it attached to the car??

3. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

I’m not sure. I suspect a hole was punched in it and it was attached to the rad cap, but it could have simply been slipped into the owner’s packet. The original copy I have is fairly degraded so it’s hard to tell.

4. 65beam

65beam Donation Time

This was tied to the radiator fill neck. 110_0981.JPG

5. Gordon Holsinger

Gordon Holsinger Platinum Level Sponsor

Bob, I have seen one of those tags in Wally’s stuff I think it was on his autocross car at one time.