1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Bluecol Label

Discussion in 'Factory Original Alpines & Tigers' started by puff4, Nov 8, 2019.

1. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

So.... I came across a photo of a factory Rootes Bluecol instructions label in my storeroom of odd things, and whilst mindlessly sitting in front of the TV I decided to tinker around in Photoshop to clean it up to see how it looked. It was fairly damaged, but I think it came out reasonably well. (Yes, I know the type is not perfectly straight... it was like that, believe it or not!)

I post it here in case anyone would like a copy for their own Rootes car. Download, re-size and print as needed.

My only request is that no one is to print and sell these, please (as has happened before with other labels I’ve restored - sigh).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. mikephillips

mikephillips Donation Time

In all my years I've never run across this, where was it attached to the car??

3. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

I’m not sure. I suspect a hole was punched in it and it was attached to the rad cap, but it could have simply been slipped into the owner’s packet. The original copy I have is fairly degraded so it’s hard to tell.

4. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

This was tied to the radiator fill neck. 110_0981.JPG

5. Gordon Holsinger

Gordon Holsinger Platinum Level Sponsor

Bob, I have seen one of those tags in Wally’s stuff I think it was on his autocross car at one time.

6. Limey

Limey Diamond Level Sponsor

Hi,

I have an original one somewhere. I'll send a pic on the weekend if you want? It has a small steel eyelet at one end with a thin wire (like fuse wire). They were tied around the neck of the radiator cap or the top hose.

Oliver

puff4 likes this.
  7. Limey

Nice Item. Probably fitted on the production line to indicate the lack of both.

Oliver

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  8. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

Oliver,
    The one in my photo is an original tag. I also have an unopened 7 oz metal can of Rootes coolant inhibitor and I have a few NOS coolant thermostats in the Rootes boxes but have never been able to find any Rootes coolant.

9. Limey

Can you post a pic of the old one? I promise not to copy it ;-)

10. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

I’ll dig it up again... but why?

11. Limey

It was just to compare to the original one that I have. It was just curiosity. If you need to dig it out please do not waste any time on my account.

Oliver