• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bleeding clutch slave

napa 1

Donation Time
Hi guys. Saturday Morning and out playing with the car. I've been attempting to bleed the hydraulic system for the clutch. I have a new master cylinder, new hydraulic line to the slave, and a new slave. I am following the usual bleeding process for the slave cylinder, but after quite a while, am still not getting any resistance on the clutch pedal. Fluid is moving through the system and into my jar, (making sure to keep the master topped up) bubbles come out once in a while, but even after no bubbles have been seen for several pumps..still no movement of the clutch and no resistance on the pedal. Any thoughts? Am I overlooking something?

Thanks
John.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Do you have the bleeding nipple on top and the line goes to the bottom????

That would be my guess.

Or you master is not topped up.

Eric

'62 SerII

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, this topic has come up again and again on the old board.
What I can advise is to let it bleed itself, is about the best way that I can discribe it. Things to make certain:
1) IS the master pumping fluid on the bench? SOmetimes, you have to pump the master by hand, to make sure it really is pumping fluid. Do this on the bench.
2) mount the slave with the bleed screw on top
3) If steady fluid is coming out the bleed screw, close it and now start working the pedal by hand...back and forth until a slight resistance is felt. Keep working against the resistance and it should start to grow.