• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

BIO Steve Silverstein

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I am Steve Silverstein (sunbeam74) and have been involved with Sunbeams since the mid-80's when we bought a dark Green Series V. I have been involved with a number different car clubs; Alfa Romeo, VSCCA, and others.

My interest in Rootes developed further with my purchase of the old Sports Car Forum Alpine which Don Sesslar raced. Over the years I have documented and talked with many of the people who had raced Alpines in the 60's. Many of the stories I have written have raised awareness that the Alpine was a successful sportscar on the track. At one time it was a "lost history". I think retelling the success the Alpine on the track has elevated the Alpine's presence within the British Car community.

The SAOCA has also been a tool to elevate the Alpine in the British Car community. The strong web presence has been a tremendous resource for all and we should build upon this effort which means improving and expanding the pages.

I think it is important that we interact with as many other British Car clubs as possible in the future - Rootes and Non-Rootes to help build the marque up and develop a stronger following for the Alpine.

Steve Silverstein