• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bills ex HA

RootesRacer

Donation Time
This is no offense to Bill, but I'd like to understand the statements about only one of 3 in the US and the 4000ish mile mileage.

I thought from Bills writeup that he had like 4000 miles on the restoration, if so the new seller is gilding the lilly a lot.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington

Actually the mileage is under 1000 since restoration. But all said, pretty good price someone is getting for a Harrington, wouldn't you say?
Bill

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
a lot of money for a Sunbeam (even considering it´s a Harrington) though. Seems to become an investors item now...

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have to say i find it hard to fathom that the car has climbed so high in the bidding and not hit reserve from a dealer.. seemd the usual dealer trick of shill bidding the price up to generate interest.

Bill had the car on ebay and couldnt break the 60K mark IIRC.. and in theory the economy has not got an better since.. so why would the same audience suddenly show all this interest?

I wonder how much they are actually looking for the car?.. as has been suggested many times.. they set a high reserve .. do lots of bidding then contact the legitimate bidders and try and sell off auction.. any serious buyer would have been better off buying it from Bill in the first place :rolleyes: oh well

65beam

Donation Time
ex

jan, where are the other two type a cars that are here in the states? i have had a few emails with the person selling the harrington badges currently on ebay. he said he abandoned his type A at a mobil station in the mountains of north carolina many years ago. i know of one D type belonging to rick kellet plus a bunch of lemans. are there any C types in the states?

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Bob, in NY area. I've been contacted too of that guy. Write you an email about that. There are two known Series D on Alpine IV base in US + the Harrington Tiger. No Series C as far as we know. Only Le Mans were imported/sold by agencys, rest were private/special order imports.