• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Beautiful '53 Alpine up for auction

jack Bacon

Donation Time
I can't believe this beautiful car was here in Minneapolis all these years and only sold recently! I wonder if that barn find '54 Alpine is still available?

Regards,

Jack

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Rm Arizona

Lovely car... But....

The Black on Black 65 289 Cobra with wires...:eek: Be still my heart....

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Apparently this car was sitting for sale in Ellingson's Car Museum in Rogers, Minnesota just north of Minneapolis. At the same time we had our 9 Sunbeams at the British Car Show outside the building! Never went in to look at the cars in the museum, drat!

Regards,

Jack

skywords

Donation Time
Did you all notice the estimated prices these jewels will fetch? It's good to know the rich are not feeling the pinch. We will have get them another 700 billion if they do. Oh that's only $7000.00 for every tax payer so get to work boys and girls. These cars have got to find a mansion somewhere to live.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

What a beautiful Alpine. I am very surprised at its estimated value. There are a few of these Alpine in our local club which would be just as good as the one for auction. It would be interesting to see if it sells.
I especially love the Cobra and the yellow Ferrari :cool: .

Regards, Robin.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well, it appears that the Alpine has sold, for $57,200. Not bad for a Sunbeam!
Maybe someday our cars will be worth something like that. Well, I can dream can't I!
By the way, that Cobra with the wire wheels went for the paultry sum of
$467,500.
Cheers!
Steve

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Well, it appears that the Alpine has sold, for $57,200. Not bad for a Sunbeam!
Maybe someday our cars will be worth something like that. Well, I can dream can't I!
By the way, that Cobra with the wire wheels went for the paultry sum of
$467,500.
Cheers!
Steve

ONLY $467,500???!!! Dang, I knew I shoulda gone..... What was I thinking?