• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Battery Cover Fastener

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
Does anyone know what these fasteners are called or where I might get four of them? They are for holding down the battery cover on my S1.

Thanks,

Ken

Attachments

• Fasterner.jpg
    Fasterner.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 42

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Does anyone know what these fasteners are called or where I might get four of them? They are for holding down the battery cover on my S1.

Thanks,

Ken
Sorry you haven't had a reply to your question. I do not know what they are called. Perhaps someone will help you.

Have you looked in the WSMs ?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
WSM is the Work Shop Manual.

It is available for all of our Sunbeams here on the SAOCA

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't know what was supplied to the early cars, and I couldn't find a specific listing or picture of the fastener, but This may refer to it:

1688917626762.png

On the Series V, in the factory parts book they are called a 'lid fastener', part number 9127004. However, in racing we used to use a similar device to hold on the quickly-removable panels, and it was called a Dzus Fastener. Perhaps what you have is the same? You could Google DZUS FASTENER and see if you can find something similar.

1688917178410.png

Last edited:

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I believe it's called Dzuits fastener. Same as used on the Tiger trunk floor corners. You may be able to get them from Sunbeam Specialties.

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
Thanks Junkman, I spoke with Rick and he suggested Dzuits fasteners as well. I guess I'll look into them further. Thanks for the tip.
Ken

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Note that Plate D Section YX shown is for Series III and on. Parts 210/211 are not the same as part 173 shown on Plate D Section YV that is shown for Series I and II only. The replacement shown from McMaster-Carr could be retrofitted for Series I and II, but they are not the same.