• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Battery Box

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
The battery box is quite an easy part to fabricate from sheet steel if you need to. It has a couple of unexpected dimensions but you will get a great sense of achievement when you finish making it.

Tim R

1_Fotor.jpg

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
The bottom of my Series V battery box had holes in it, but the sides were fine. I used #14 steel plate for the bottom, bending up sides about 2" high, and brazed it in place. I painted it with zinc chromate primer and red rust-oleum. Have only used sealed type battery, Optima and such.....no rust, twenty-five years. (I did this when Dad still owned the car)