• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Banjo type vacuum fitting on a 5"Girling servo

aservfortom2

Donation Time
I am just about done rebuilding a crusty old servo I picked up on the web. Everything so far has gone well with the refit kit from Sunbeam Specialties and an excellent tutorial rebuild video available on youtube. I am trying to be meticulous about cleaning all the parts in the system and was working to clean out the vacuum fitting and discovered I am getting zero air flow through it . I am assuming it is a check valve type as is common. I can't find an original equipment replacement part anywhere, even trolled some UK parts sites. Is there a reasonable replacement part for this fitting? One alternative I suppose is to drill the original part through and then add a check valve downstream in the vacuum line. Any thoughts or help on this would be appreciated you Beamers!

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
The hoses are notorious for collapsing inside, the system does not have a check valve. drill the goo out of your fitting and clean it. Be sure to use vacuum hose when reinstalling.