• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Back on the road

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
G'day all,

Thought I'd give a quick report on my car, instead of the usual questioning posts that I make!

She's back on the road after a few months in the shed for various things.
I've fitted a reconditioned all-synchro OD gearbox, supplied by Jeff H, which is a lovely change from the old crunchy grinding original 'box!
Had some dramas with the clutch. I fitted a brand new clutch cover which lasted approx 25 gearchanges before snapping one of the 3 levers! (luckily as I was just turning into my driveway). Seems that it was a faulty unit and will hopefully be replaced free of charge.
The old clutch went back in; its OK, has a very slight judder, but good enough to get me back on the road while the weather is still good here.
Fitted a lovely new "sealed" timing cover and pulley (from Joe) and attempted to fix various other oil leaks.
A recored radiator and an oil cooler.
"New" Mazda seats, a polish of the old rims and she is a joy to drive again, just in time for the last long weekend of the season. :)

Attachments

• Alpine - 01small.jpg
    Alpine - 01small.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 36
  • Alpine - 06small.jpg
    Alpine - 06small.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Alpine - 11small.jpg
    Alpine - 11small.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 38