• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Axles

mototron

Donation Time
Hello
I am looking for a set series V axles
I have a series V 4:22 Pumpkin and want to put it in my series II But my series II has course spline axles and the Pumpkin has Fine spline
So I am assuming that series V have fine spline Axles
Thanks
Rocco
VRG #86 61 Alpine
call me @ 631 379 7789

RootesRacer

Donation Time
You can swap out the diff side gears for course spline side gears into your SV third member which comes from your SII third member.

Mid to late SII was the swapover point from 17 to 25 spline axles.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Could you be looking at hub fitment issues going from the early to the later axles?

Hell yes.
SV axles use different hubs than all others.

Thats why it makes total sense to use the same axles always, and to set all your pumpkins up to use the same side gears that match your axles.

65beam

Donation Time
keep in mind that the series 5 axles have a different bearing and seal so will they fit in the series 2 housing ?????

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Racing? How? Mid-Ohio or a parking lot autocross? It makes a BIG difference.
Well, he can swap out the spider gears to fit his course spline axles...No problem.
Jan

mototron

Donation Time
Thanks for all the replies
I swapped out the side gears and all is well
I am keeping the 3.89 set up for longer tracks
like Watkins Glen
I will try out the new gears on the Lightning Track at NJ motorsports on 9/18 -20

I want to replace my clutch i am running a series II PP with a 8.5" disc
Has anyone used a MGB Plate For Racing and if so what Brand and what disc did you use ?
Thanks
Rocco