• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Avitar Size

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Why can't I get my avitar as large as others on the site? It seems half the size of some.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike,

When I right click on your avatar and then left click on "View Image Info", it shows your avatar as being 48x50 pixels.

For purposes of comparison, Jim E's avatar is 76x80 pixels.

Try resizing your avatar image and then upload it again.

If I am stepping on Andrew's turf (don't think so), I apologize in advance.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike,

I have never attempted to create an avatar, so I may be way off base. If you sent an image to someone else and they created the avatar, then there is probably nothing you can do directly.

I copied your 48x50 avatar image and resized it to 77x80 pixels. Without the right software, enlarging an image file reduces the sharpness, so it would be better to start big and reduce the size. Try copying and uploading the attached 77x80 image and see what happens.

Hope it works!

Attachments

3.4 KB · Views: 69

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The image is a photo that I have on my PC of a Halloween costume I made. If you can't tell, it's a crash test dummy. I have resized it several times and when I upload the image it still comes out the same.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Barry,
I tried to use yours, but the results were the same. I'm guessing it is a size restriction that was impemented after the "larger" avitars were loaded, sincd it's close to the 50 x 50 limit.
Thanks

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, seems that any adjustments applied to my avitar have no effect when I use them. So I guess the question is why are some avitar limits 80 x 80 while others are 50 x 50?

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi guys,

I have been working on the forum and a number of issues. The system was set that Officers of the club had 80x80 avitars and all others had 50x50. There was one other change what should not have been and it was that Silver membership had 80x80 and they should not have had this access.

It is funny what is important to some, yet we wish to make your forum experience fun and expressive. So, we have now provided 80x80 avitar access to everyone. The last thing I would like to see is space used up for such things and to make the overall display convoluted. Please choose your Avitar wisely.

We are working on a number of new contests and hope to provide greater / easy accessible information to the club so please stay tuned.

Have fun,
Andrew Masse

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
No fuss, we try and make things good for everyone.
Have fun because that is what this is all about.

Andrew