• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ATLANTA AREA APRIL 26 th

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
OK folks it's getting close and it would be good to get a rough estimate as to how many people are going to come to the SUNBEAM / ROOTES get together in Lilburn, Ga. Food will be provided (although side dishes are welcome) Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Chicken Wings, slaw, chips, etc. Please bring your own beverage of choice. Since (weather permitting) we'll go for a drive before eating maybe up to Lake Lanier or through Braselton (suggestions welcome) we should return for the feast around 4 so folks traveling can get on the road.
Everyone is welcome, just let me know so we can be prepared.
I'll be around the house all day, ribs go on around 8 am, Sunbeam cruise around noonish.
This will be a good warm up for the Rome show, May 17 th.
Stop by, come for the day, meet some other Sunbeam owners.

PM for complete details

Thanks, Tom j

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Tom I plan to attend.

Air-pine may or may not attend due to ongoing repairwork but at this time I plan to drive it.

I may try to hitch a ride with anyone who has an empty seat if the car is prepped in time but untested...

A Sunbeam caravan through the Georgia piedmont's Applachian hill country would be great fun (even if there are not many hills) !!

Allan

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:)Hi Tom,
Judy and I plan to attend. We will be bring both cars. Could you email me with directions to you place and include phone numbers? We are looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe we could make some plans for the Rome trip, Invasion, and Columbia. My email is:
alpinebob at cox dot net.
Cheers,
Bob

britbeam

Donation Time
Tom I plan on being there . Hey guys here is chance to get the Atlanta group crankin again. You guys from Columbia could come over, that would be great. Howbout Vader good short road trip Jim. I was out in the Red Rocket today,spring is here and it feels sooo good.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, Our get together is growing, we may have as many as 10 :eek: Alpines, We'll be meeting at my place around 11 am visit a bit then head out for a drive that Allan(SIVAllan) has worked up (thanks Allan) then back to the "Ranch" for the feast around 4 or so. We'll be making plans for the Rome show (May 17th) and of course our caravan to the Invasion, and the caravan to the SOS and Columbia show in Oct.
Come on area folks join in !

Tom j

britbeam

Donation Time
Hey thats good news. Looking forward to a nice drive and to meet some new people.
Dwain V6 Krazy

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Proposed itinerary:

Start: Tom's Place - Lilburn, GA
Turnaround point: 418 Amicalola Falls State Park RdDawsonville, GA 30534

http://ngeorgia.com/ang/Amicalola_Falls_State_Park

Total Estimated Time: 1 hour 32 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 58.70 miles

(Sumbody please bring a compass :) )

Start out going EAST on GOLDEN WEST TRL SW toward OLD ROSSER RD SW.
Turn LEFT onto OLD ROSSER RD SW.
0.2 mi
Turn LEFT onto HARMONY GROVE RD SW.
1.0 mi
Turn RIGHT onto LAWRENCEVILLE HWY NW/ US-29/ GA-8.
0.1 mi
Turn LEFT onto JOHN CARROLL RD NW.
0.3 mi
Turn LEFT onto ROCKBRIDGE RD NW.
0.1 mi
Turn RIGHT onto DICKENS RD NW.
1.6 mi
Turn LEFT onto INDIAN TRAIL LILBURN RD NW/ INDIAN TRAIL-LILBURN RD NW.
0.4 mi
Turn RIGHT.
0.4 mi
Turn RIGHT onto STEVE REYNOLDS BLVD NW.
4.2 mi
Turn LEFT onto PLEASANT HILL RD NW.
3.4 mi
Turn RIGHT onto PEACHTREE INDUSTRIAL BLVD NW.
1.3 mi
Turn LEFT onto ABBOTTS BRIDGE RD/ GA-120/ DULUTH HWY NW. Continue to follow ABBOTTS BRIDGE RD/ GA-120.
2.2 mi
Turn RIGHT onto MEDLOCK BRIDGE RD/ GA-141 N/ PEACHTREE PKWY. Continue to follow GA-141 N.
8.5 mi
Turn RIGHT onto ATLANTA HWY/ GA-9.
2.8 mi
Turn LEFT onto VETERANS MEMORIAL BLVD.
1.4 mi
VETERANS MEMORIAL BLVD becomes DAHLONEGA HWY/ GA-9.
11.5 mi
Keep LEFT at the fork to go on GA-9/ GA-9 S.
5.5 mi
Enter next roundabout and take 2nd exit onto SHOAL CREEK RD/ GA-136 SPUR.
2.6 mi
SHOAL CREEK RD/ GA-136 SPUR becomes GA-136.
3.2 mi
Turn RIGHT onto BAILEY WATERS RD/ KEITH EVANS RD.
3.6 mi
Turn LEFT onto GA-52.
3.9 mi
Turn RIGHT onto HIGH SHOALS RD.
0.0 mi
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto SERVICE RD.
0.4 mi
End at 418 Amicalola Falls State Park Rd Dawsonville, GA 30534

There are 0.1 miles between your ending location and the end of your driving directions. Use local maps to get from the end of your route to your ending location.

418 Amicalola Falls State Park Rd, Dawsonville, GA 30534
Total Estimated Time: 1 hour 32 minutesTotal Estimated Distance: 58.70 miles
Avoid Road Types:
Highways
Toll Roads
Seasonally Closed Roads

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I suppose we also need to think of a name for our chapter, we're not really just the Atlanta area.
This is just a cheap plug to try and keep the thread on the main forum page :D

but........ I think we're going to have a GOOD turn out

Tom j

I did a little of this on Saturday out towards Athens.....

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I suppose we also need to think of a name for our chapter, we're not really just the Atlanta area.
This is just a cheap plug to try and keep the thread on the main forum .

Tom,
We already have an official banner from the SAOCA, with the title of "ATLANTA CHAPTER". Doesn't Atlanta cover most of Georgia? Anyway I'll bring it on Saturday so everyone who hasn't seen it, can. I generally take it to most shows to display our Colors.
See everyone on Saturday. We're looking forward to meeting new faces.
Bob

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Weather doesn't look to be the best... or the worst.. one of the things I've learned about the Atlanta area..if you don't do what your planning because of the weather forecast ... you'll never do anything ! :eek:
We're on for Saturday...

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hi Allan,
The banner is 34"High X 36 Wide. It has the standard Sunbeam logo with "The Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club Of America" around the top, and "Atlanta, Georgia" around the bottom. Each region has the same banner with their region around the bottom. I'll bring it with me on Saturday. I usually take it everywhere there's a show. We can all thank Andrew for his great handi-work.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Wow that's nice. Thanks!

And thanks to Bob B for emailing a pic.

I had a dream of someone flying our colors from the lead car, but the banner is way to nice for rough treatment by the wind!

Allan

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Here are the colors for anyone who has not seen a chapter banner.

(Thanks Bob B. for the picture.)

Allan

britbeam

Donation Time
Thanks to Tom & his wife we a wonderful time. I believe we had seven Alpines in all. A drive to the mountains,great smoked ribs, and lots of looking at Sunbeams. Great time and good meeting new friends. Were looking forward to the British Motor Car Day on May 17th at Berry College.
Dwain V6 Krazy