• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Article on the Sunbeam Tiger

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello Gang,

When I got home today I had this month's publication of Sports & Exotic Car magazine, which is published by Hemmings Motor News, in my mailbox. It has an article in it thatis 6 pages long about the value of a Sunbeam Tiger. Good Reading and good to have Sunbeam make a major magazine again.

Cheers,

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I get this magazine as well, I find it very enjoyable.

Now that it's a month later you can get to the article on the web...

http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2011/11/01/hmn_buyers_guide1.html

Thanks for posting - good stuff. But I do wonder a bit about the focus pic that comes up first - wow, that steering column is NOT right... the back half of the wheel hub is *missing* as well as the horn ring. Plus the signal stalk is bent. Yikes. Not exactly our 'best foot forward', eh?

322221-700-0.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Car looks to be a MKII, has the shelby style minilites, the tach i assume is meant to be a LAT item (most likely a spridget tach reworked) but cant see if the text in the middle says 8 cylinder.. there were some mumblings on the list about the article a little while back.. apparntly not that well researched... though apparetly not as bad as one in the UK currently.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The back half of the steering wheel hub appears to be there - it's just very difficult to see. The steering wheel's extended as far out as it can go.