• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ARP rod bolts and nuts?

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I have a set of those ARP bolts - and I did get them through Ramon. I can provide measurements at some point if needed. I also am regularly in contact with him - though it's been since before COVID. I will email him.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I just spoke with Ramon. Only to find that Dan had beat me to it. Ha. FWIW, the only tidbit he could add was that he worked with a guy named Ron at ARP. So if anyone wanted to try to see if there is still a Ron there who might remember, now you know. Ramon did seem to recall it was a one shot deal that he arranged.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
I talked to Ramon about the one and only Batch of ARP Rod bolts for Alpines.

The ARP Alpine bolts were a special custom batch commissioned by Ramon and not part of ARPs catalog.

There was an effort to make another batch, but that didn't happen.

As it turns out, Ramon just happened to catch ARP with a

supply of suitable blanks at the time of his build.

And to make a small run of non scheduled blanks would be cost prohibitive.

ARP had no plans to make suitable blanks for their foreseeable future.

So another batch was not made.

That was years ago.

Since then, Ramon has trashed the info and his memory of the details is spotty.

Last edited: