• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Are they still there?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Did you hear about the guy that got bumped off another airline's flight and was put on this one? I only heard part of the news story but I think he's planning to sue the company he originally booked the flight with...

The story I heard on the tube was that he applied for a refund for the return flight and was complaining because they were wanting to keep $90 of the refund because he did not make the application in the proper time frame. But maybe it was a different guy.

Bill

skywords

Donation Time
The one thing I wondered about it is the ferries. Where they told to get out of the way for the ditching or was that just dumb luck that they weren't crossing at the time the plane hit the water?

Dumb luck however directional control is there until about the last 20 knots of airspeed before the stall, after that you don't dare do anything but straight and level.

Nickodell

Donation Time
They pulled the second engine out of the Hudson today:

A320engine.jpg

The plot thickens. Geraldo Rivera, on the No Spin Zone tonight, had in his hand an NTSB record, not only of the same plane, flight number and departure two days earlier from the same airport having a compressor stall in one engine, there was one from December of another Airbus A320 flying out of another US airport having a compressor stall problem in both engines. It probably is all just coincidence, but unless they find bird remains in the engines you can bet a lot of attention is going to be given to the A320's engines (International Aero Engines CFM56).